How to Create a Spinning Saw

LewCorp

You guys know those saws that are in games like Super Meat Boy, Impossible Pixel and many other games. How do you make one?!?! Every time I make a circle and begin to add spikes it all messes up and looks un-even. If someone has one, could you possibly send it to me so that I can use it as a template?

NOTE: I am talking of the spinning saw that moves! Not just a static picture of a saw :)

Hectate

Inkscape has a great "Star" tool that lets you set how many points you want. Have enough and it becomes more of a "starburst" or, dare I say, "sawblade" shape.

If you're not familiar with Inkscape and don't feel like getting into it, let me know more details about what you want and I can pop one out quick. Width, Height, etc.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LewCorp

I'm not familiar with it, if you wouldn't mind then I would be greatly appreciative if you could make me one. Preferable just a black on 32x32

Hectate

Black on transparency, 32x32 pixels. Done.

Here are two versions. The first had 32 blade points and while it was readable it wasn't as clear as I would like personally. Thus, I made the second one with 16 points instead. If you want a little more adjustment, just let me know. Cheers!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LewCorp

Black on transparency, 32x32 pixels. Done.

Here are two versions. The first had 32 blade points and while it was readable it wasn't as clear as I would like personally. Thus, I made the second one with 16 points instead. If you want a little more adjustment, just let me know. Cheers!

Thanks! The second one is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much :)

LewCorp

Could you possible do the second frame for the 16 point spinning saw? So that I can turn it into a moving one?

Hectate

You're not going to just spin it?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

LewCorp

When I spun it it started getting un even and messed up looking, that's why I was wondering if you could possibly do it? Maybe you know how to with out messing it up..

Hectate

The image should spin fine, but I'll go ahead and make a frame for you. It might not be until later today though.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

LewCorp

Thats fine :)

Thank you so much!

Hectate

Here's a frame attached. I took the SVG and rotated the object by 11.25 pixels to get halfway between two points. Be sure you're using a fast framerate for the animation so that it looks... not slow.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

LewCorp