Stencyl Jam #14 - $1,000 in prizes - 120 entries - Results In!

Nick

I'm working on something, I've had the concept in my mind for a while :) Super excited!
(Nxzfreak) Check out my site <here> to see my portfolio and other things. =)

Currently working on Sinful Ash! (ARPG)

Blacksmith

Is it better to post a game early for the SJ#14 and get feedback with the hope that you might improve it and post an update before the deadline? Or does that expose you to negative reviews?   I asked a similar question on the NG thread since it's not entirely clear how the scoring works, but I'm not sure I'll get a response. If I do, I'll post it here. Thanks.

Hectate

Here, we always rate based on the final product as determined by the deadline. The prizes are from Newgrounds, however, so their rules apply.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Jon

If you'd like to receive feedback early, I'd post it here first and only post to Newgrounds when you're mostly done.

dripple

Maybe a stupid question, but in the case I would like to participate AND I am able to finish my game in the given time in a suitable quality, do I have to implement the Newsground API?

/confused.dripple
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

rob1221

NG now shows ads for games on their site, so it's unlikely their API would be required.

Jon

You don't need to, but participants do add those features in to increase engagement (and possibly user ratings) on Newgrounds. The blocks are already in, so it's a matter of using them and setting up the achievements on their site.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/kongregate-mochi-newgrounds/

Galdon2004

I'll give entering a try.  Can't do any worse than my candy jam entry. xD

dripple

The blocks are already in, so it's a matter of using them and setting up the achievements on their site.
Thanks, Rob and Jon.
Looks like that the implementation shouldn't be that complicated.
Sure, my games won't get better with all the new features of Stencyl.
But I do have more fun creating bad ones.

MayazCastle Keeper

siddharth93

How do I link my game to the Stencyl Jam page here,
http://www.newgrounds.com/games/browse/tag/stencyljam2014

Yeah I included the tag.
My game-
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/635475

zawrot13

I'm almost finnished my entry but I need Your help with one very important feature which is "Scene Zoom".   The problem is that it not working with tiles and API Tiles. After You use zoom out, You can see only a part of the scene's tiles.  Normal actors are Ok and can be visible on whole screen after zoom. Inteesting is that all works well on Mobile. Unfortunatelly in flash zoom out cuts only a part of the scene tiles before zoom and show them in the smaller ractangle (the rest is black). So, the game is allmost finnished but it is frozen for flash because of this zoom behavior problem.
I modyfied this behavior to work automatically with every mobile resolutions and it is very cool feature now but the problem is that it works only for mobile.

vikingpotato

I think i will be skipping this Jam. Good luck to everyone, looking forward to what you guys make!

LTGamer

I cant play any of the submissions that I tried there so far. It wont show the games when I click to play them at the site. Why would that be?

Hectate

Flash Player must be installed, for one possibility.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

LTGamer

Thanks. I thought I did that though. I do have Norton 360 on. Also I tried a game here that worked, but I think it wasn't on that site and it ran.

Edit; I could run the 2 art game and one other so far.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:20:44 pm by LTGamer »