NFL Player looking for help with this football game im creating

bk207004

twitter.com/brandonking4787      Looking for help with this football game im creating new to Stencyl

ggiersdorf

Welcome to the community BK.. What kind of help are you looking for exactly? So we know who would be better helping you out??

bk207004

The game I've created is basically done but there are still a few issues I'm having with the game. I'm searching for help from someone who has mastered Stencyl. I'm having trouble keeping random spawns active. I don't know to stop the background from moving horizontally once the player has died. How do i get the game to remain idle and only start the scene when the screen is touched? Many more question's.

Ill Pay for someone's expertise, and help promote your game i have 33k followers, any help would be greatly appreciated

twitter.com/brandonking4787

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:46:40 am by bk207004 »

Photics

Hi Brandon,

For the camera, there are lots of ways to solve that problem. You could control the camera manually when the main character is dead. You could also use an invisible actor to control the camera, which stops moving when the hero is dead. One of the last things the hero should do when it dies is set the final location of the camera. That way, the scene or invisible camera actor could control it from there.

I'm not sure why the camera would slide though. It doesn't have momentum. It should stop moving if the main actor controlling it is dead.

----

To get the game to remain idle, it's a balance of which actors can be paused and creating a state where the actors behave differently. I did this with the game BOT. It's very frustrating and annoying. It's just something to dig through. Basically, there's a game Boolean called "TANK-entrance", and TANK behaves differently while he's entering the screen. I still haven't completed porting my game to Stencyl yet. Part of the reason is because it's time-consuming to build something like this.

----

I'm too busy working on a Stencyl textbook to take on more work right now. I probably shouldn't even be posting on this forum, but I was surprised to see a football player getting into Stencyl. That's cool.
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

dtrungle

Hi bk, welcome to Stencyl.

I'm having trouble keeping random spawns active.
-I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is your spawn system not spawning?

I don't know to stop the background from moving horizontally once the player has died.
-Use this "setScrollSpeedForBackground(0,0);" in a code block.

How do i get the game to remain idle and only start the scene when the screen is touched?
-Easiest method is to pause the game. Make sure all your actors can be paused. Have code inside a scene behavior that detects for mouse input while the game is paused and then unpause the game and reload scene or something.

Many more question's.
-Ask away.

bk207004

Thanks so much Michael for your help

bk207004

Hi bk, welcome to Stencyl.

I'm having trouble keeping random spawns active.
-I'm not sure what you mean by this. Is your spawn system not spawning?

I don't know to stop the background from moving horizontally once the player has died.
-Use this "setScrollSpeedForBackground(0,0);" in a code block.

How do i get the game to remain idle and only start the scene when the screen is touched?
-Easiest method is to pause the game. Make sure all your actors can be paused. Have code inside a scene behavior that detects for mouse input while the game is paused and then unpause the game and reload scene or something.

Many more question's.

What would be the code for the mouse or touch input to automatically pause the game at the beginning of the scene, then when pressed or touched the game unpaused and the scene starts or continues?

dtrungle

Have a scene behavior attached to your scene. In that behavior, in Created, pause the game. In the same behavior, add a mouse input event that unpauses the game.