Stencyl Freezes When Saving

sonicspeed53

Whenever I Save A Game It Freezes! Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Joe

How are you saving? You have to make sure you're only doing it once (e.g., use "was pressed" instead of "is down").

coleislazy

Do you mean when you are trying to save while playing a game, or when you try to save in StencylWorks?

Joe

Do you mean when you are trying to save while playing a game, or when you try to save in StencylWorks?

Oh, my bad -- that's probably what he meant. Time to get some more coffee...

sonicspeed53

Its In Stencylworks, Also I Only Press It Once, Then Stencyl Freezes And I Can't Close It, I Have To Then Use Task Manger To Close It!

coleislazy

Does this happen for all games, or just one particular one? If it happens to all games, I would uninstall SW and download a new version, then run the updater and see if that fixes it.

sonicspeed53

It Happens For All Some Games Not All

ssaamm

I believe that some things are prone to improper naming, as in they contain one of these:

\ / : * ? " < >

If your game doesn't save even after it freezes, then this may be the issue.
or something

sonicspeed53

None Of My Games Have Any Of Those Symbols! It Does Save, But It's Just Plain Annoying Cuz I Switch What Game I'm Working On Alot (I'm Working On 8 Games!)

ssaamm

Well, you don't need to freak out about it.

What version of Windows do you have?
When did this problem start?
Did you do anything unusual or special before it started happening? Was there an update?

We need more information.
or something

chaosoul

Umm first of all why would you be working on 8 games at once. Even 2 games is pushing it.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

coleislazy

Umm first of all why would you be working on 8 games at once. Even 2 games is pushing it.

My start page is full of concepts, half-done games, finished games (game?) and examples. Why not?

sonicspeed53

Most Of The Games I Have Are Just Ideas That I Started And Plan To Finish Later! Also I Have Windows 7 And I Don't Remember When It Started But I Know I Had StencylWorks 1.0.4 When It Started!
(Also For The Record I Wasn't REALLY Freaking Out, I Just End All Sentences With A ! Mark)