i need a ladder climb behaviour

Alucards

Talking about ladder. Check this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbN_12GmPhE
7:29
I want my ladder work similar like in video.

1)Move close to ladder or jump on it, and press  button "UP" = trigger for climb.
2)Then i can press buttons UP/DOWN for climb up or down.
3) Sound effect climb need be.
4)In halfway if i climbed, i need have ability jump from ladder to left or right pressing Left+Jump button or Right + jump button
5)scene switch if used ladder.

Here is my game, and you see where i have set up my ladder "tile".
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/25247

Now you good understand what i want and how i want it work :)

BUDGET 50$
About price we can talk PM or skype: pharaoh89

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:06:19 am by Alucards »

mdotedot

Hello Alucards,

Look in StencylForge for ladder : Type 'ladder' in the search field
There are behaviors for Stencyl 2.x and for Stencyl 3

Best regards from
M.E.

Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

stmaddox

Like the art in the game.

Alucards

I writed i think, this ladder i can't use. It dont work like i want. 3-6 changes need be done. And i cant be.
1)Fixed position
2) start climp after jump and only after press UP.
3)..... etc stuff.

That ladder what inside forge, it is not what i want for my game.
If somebody have player old times "Duck Tales" i want that type ladder.

gamegirlxl

I writed i think, this ladder i can't use. It dont work like i want. 3-6 changes need be done. And i cant be.
1)Fixed position
3)..... etc stuff.

You're very difficult to understand, because of the combination of grammar and spelling mistakes.  You're unlikely to get what you want when you can't clearly explain what you want.

I don't know how many people have played "Duck Tales", anyways.  I have never heard of it.

gfalcaor

1)Fixed position
3)..... etc stuff.

You're very difficult to understand, because of the combination of grammar and spelling mistakes.  You're unlikely to get what you want when you can't clearly explain what you want.

I don't know how many people have played "Duck Tales", anyways.  I have never heard of it.

OH NO!!!
Do yourself a favor and go play it!
Even if only the remake one they made last year for PC and other consoles.
Its considered as one of the best platform games for NES.

Removed from a NES review site:
"If you need to scratch your NES nostalgia itch or you also loved DuckTales as a kid, this game is for you. The gameplay is unique and extremely fun, the presentation is excellent, and the characters you know and love are intact; non-linear exploration and an alternate ending will have you coming back for more. Uncle Scrooge is just as cranky and loveable now as he was twenty years ago, and this would be an instant buy should it ever come to the Virtual Console. The game is kept from a perfect score by its easy boss battles and relatively short length, but it’s still one of the best examples of an excellent licensed game around."

That game did receive really high scores on reviews.

Follow Me

gamegirlxl

I might see if I can play it online or something.  I remember the Duck Tales from when I was very young, but that was before I was a gamer.

gfalcaor

I might see if I can play it online or something.  I remember the Duck Tales from when I was very young, but that was before I was a gamer.

Did you like it?
If so you will love the game.
Seriously.
It was one of the most adorable games. Its a shame that Capcom didnt continue the series.

Follow Me

Alucards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbN_12GmPhE
7:29.
I need ladder works like here.
Now i explained correct ?

Alucards

Ladder tile i have.
Character animation i have.
Regions from A to B and B to A or C i have scene switch i mean.
Only left correct ladder :(.
Because climb is 1 stuff, but what will be if i jump from B to A, or start from B climb down to A. Its 2 different situations.

Alucards

I am almost ready paid for that customized behavior for me :)

gamegirlxl

I played a bit of the game (and its strange ios counterpart, which has no ladders as far as I can tell), and I'll write out several things that ladders do:

-You will only grab the ladder if you're touching it AND holding "up".  It's impossible to jump off the side of a ladder while holding up.
-When you grab a ladder, your x value is changed to be the same as the ladder's x value.
-When you reach the top of the screen, the camera slides to the next square like it does in retro Zelda games.  I believe that your y position may be changed so that you're in the bottom most tile of the new square (otherwise you'd be off-screen).
-At the top of the ladder, there always seems to be some ceiling.  At the bottom, it never actually reaches the floor.

Is that everything that you want in a ladder?

bonechill

I played a bit of the game (and its strange ios counterpart, which has no ladders as far as I can tell), and I'll write out several things that ladders do:

-You will only grab the ladder if you're touching it AND holding "up".  It's impossible to jump off the side of a ladder while holding up.
-When you grab a ladder, your x value is changed to be the same as the ladder's x value.
-When you reach the top of the screen, the camera slides to the next square like it does in retro Zelda games.  I believe that your y position may be changed so that you're in the bottom most tile of the new square (otherwise you'd be off-screen).
-At the top of the ladder, there always seems to be some ceiling.  At the bottom, it never actually reaches the floor.

Is that everything that you want in a ladder?

I'm currently working on this project and the other projects for Alucards.
Play Gold Hunter on Kongregate, Newgrounds, or Stencyl Arcade

gamegirlxl

I'm currently working on this project and the other projects for Alucards.
The bad grammar from the first post made feel the need to state things.

bonechill

He's  Latvian. That's why his grammar is bad.
Play Gold Hunter on Kongregate, Newgrounds, or Stencyl Arcade