IGB Phase #2 - Creating your own Graphics

Eldon

NEW Information & Updates:

If you remember back in the day, I aimed to create an awesome graphics creation kit for use with Stencyl or your favorite game engine . It's now entering it's final stage. 

EDIT: Here is the link: http://graphicsforgames.com. I've reached 20,000 assets now and am offering a promotion of $35 for complete access to my site and future content.

Here are the coolest things about IGB Phase 2:

1) An animated character creation kit - The most requested item I got  EDIT: (completed)
2) Steam support - This will allow for faster updates and delivery.
* Steam not your thing, there will be a site you log in to download everything.It would be best to watch the video from the link, but here are two screenshots to quench your eyes. EDIT: Webpage & Steam Support Completed

(many possibilities from the many pieces)

(1 spaceship made from over 3000 pieces)

Tank Creation:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:13:34 pm by Eldon »
2D Graphic Designer -who delights in making sprites in strange and unusual ways.

3000 Pieces in that Destroyer?(Space Ship) xD.

Wow, awesome work buddy!
I'm 17 years old, here to help and Entertain. {Also to make fun games}
ADAM: (http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/25588)
Also, if you need help making a platformer, search {Jumper} in Stencyl Forge. This is a player with everything you need in it, that i made. Enjoy!

Eldon

3000 Pieces in that Destroyer?(Space Ship) xD.

Wow, awesome work buddy!

LOL!  That is the funniest thing.  I meant from over 3000 pieces to choose from.  Can you imagine having to put together 3000 pieces to make that.
2D Graphic Designer -who delights in making sprites in strange and unusual ways.

But honestly mate, that's epic!

That's all you need for a new game! 3000 customizations!? Awesome. xD
Also, if you need help making a platformer, search {Jumper} in Stencyl Forge. This is a player with everything you need in it, that i made. Enjoy!

Eldon

We have 4 artists working on this one. Last time just me and a relative doing everything and I always felt rushed. This time we are working longer on specific styles so assets will work better together. Expect alot of pixel art. I like the fact we can take our time and release updates on steam. Before, I had to email everyone the updates, it was a pain.

There have been several people that have emailed me and said they sold there games with the assets, so I was happy to see it worked for some people first time around.

Here is a sample of the animated icon pack I'm making:

Remember, just a sample. There are alot more pieces then that =D You can see how I'm making things in pieces as much as possible with the bottle, candle, and chest.

Ah...

That candle looks wrong  :o

I like the chest, it's awesome!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:29:10 pm by NoFaceEntertainment »

FROX

This is Awesome!

Photon

Any concerns over the potential of the same assets surfacing in multiple games?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

True xD.

We can just steal these ones right now! :D

Eldon

Any concerns over the potential of the same assets surfacing in multiple games?

This is the main reason I'm making so many combinations with the assets and allowing editing and manipulation.   You always have the options of prototyping your game or using them as placement graphics too.    If you use the assets and make a good game, people will want to buy your game and you will make money regardless.

NoFaceEntertainment - It wouldn't do any good to steal the assets above since you can't work with them =)

Eldon

I'm Updating the Thread.  I've completed all I've set out to do and am offering a promotion for complete access to all my work.  Please check out the new link above in the first post.  It's to my site! That was also a promise I fulfilled to people that supported me in the past.

If you are one of those people, contact me so I can get you access.

Dreames

What size are most of the images and animations?

As in, if I were to implement several graphics into a top-down rpg, am I looking to break 20mb?