Work in progress: Battle of the Shadows

Rawr

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/6748
Demo level one. First game I created, so don't expect much and criticism is welcome ;).

coleislazy

Pretty cool. I like the art!

Rawr

Thanks!
I'll do my best to continue it.

xmagicx60

Looking Great RRum!

redpesto

Yeah, the art style is great! Keep it up :D

Rawr

Thanks...
First try on sprites, that is...seems quite successful.
I might try to use more colors in later games.

By the way, posted some skeleton sprites that might be used in later levels of the game.
comments are welcome.

The art is AWESOME and it looks like this will be a great game when it's finished!

The skeleton looks great too.

Rawr

Thanks.

A really crappy thing happened to me today...
it's a long story, but in brief, I lost the file, it forced me to spending the whole morning remake game.

But don't worry folks...the info is now completely restored, and I'm continuing work on it.

xmagicx60

Great, sorry about losing the file. But keep working RR, practice makes perfect.

Rawr

Yeah of course...I found it much easier remaking it...the original took like a week, and the remake was only three hours, because I pretty much understood how everything works by now.

joelbelo

i like the art but you must add some things to the game:

-life hud (this is very essential, you don't know when you die)
-Try adding some particle effects (pixel particles would be nice)
-when you jump on the top of a enemy you lose life only once and you can stand allways over the enemy (armed enemies)

the artwork is realy nice and i think you should keep working on this project

Rawr

Life HUD: I know. I just tried a healthbar that floats on top of the player, but that screws up the whole effect; good new is that I understood how it works by trying to do that and added a HUD version here. Might update it soon.

Particle effects: I'm on it.

Lose life only once: This will be a little hard, cause later enemies will cause damage by bumping into you and losing life only once in that situation wouldn't make sense.

By the way, how do I re-publish the game in another name?