Looking for developer for Flappy Bird-variant game

michoscopic

Hello there Stencyl community :)

Okay I know the Flappy Bird genre has been pretty much done to death but I think there's a segment that's still relatively untouched and I think it's got potential. However I'm not much of a programmer and instead of taking weeks to learn how to create the game and weeks more polishing it up, I was wondering if there's anyone out there who's willing to help me code it up. I can manage the graphics and sound, but coding is a little beyond my reach, considering how little time outside of work I have.

I intend to release this as a F2P with in-game purchase options, for Android and iOS. I don't have much cash at the moment (few hundred, tops), so I'd be more than happy if we could arrange for a split-profit deal up to a certain amount (e.g. 30% of all profits till we reach $1k or whatever you're comfy with).

I know Flappy Bird as a game and as a code structure is very, very basic and I can probably find the code for free if I look hard enough. But I don't yet know enough code to program in my unique aspects of the game, and I'd rather focus on the content and marketing of the game; those are my strengths.

I have the game concepts and early sketches already done. All I need is a coder who doesn't ask for a bag of cash up front, and can stay with me through a few versions of the game as I polish it further. And I definitely need someone who has a *strong* command of English - I had a bad experience with a dev who couldn't understand exactly what I wanted, and it ended up badly.

Please drop me a PM if you're keen to explore.

Cheers
Michoscopic

About me:

Well I suppose you could just Google me; my life isn't exactly private... but I'm basically a Malaysian who's trying to break into the technopreneur scene and trying my hand at game development. I work for a pretty decent MNC so I'm not the type to pack-and-run or fly-by-night. I've been to San Francisco and am loving the developer culture there, so if you're a SF-ian I'd love to work with you. More so if you're near Townsend. Also I got a score of 52 in the original Flappy Bird, and am at rank ~200 in Shadow Era under the nickname 'michos'. Heh.

michoscopic

Sponge Falp for Android
Though I appreciate the bump, I don't need the spam. Thanks.

tapdroid

dont get it...
How is Alucards' Flapy Z cool, but Sponge Flap made with Stencyl,  s p a m ?????

Sponge Flap @ TapDroid.com

rob1221

They're both spam, so stop it.  This isn't a thread to advertise your games.

ggiersdorf

I would be willing to help you out depending on how much and what were talking about...

MaartenWinkels

Hello,

Why not learn it yourself?
Here is a complete tutorial on how to make a FlappyBird game with stencyl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJquU9OpUao

-Maarten

snake13

Hello,

Why not learn it yourself?
Here is a complete tutorial on how to make a FlappyBird game with stencyl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJquU9OpUao

-Maarten
Well this is paid work so, he doesn't have to learn it. But however the guy programming his Flappy Bird game is going to get big bills(bigger than the owner of the game who made the graphics and sounds). Anyways I started liking Flappy Bird clones but now I don't like them because they just copy of Flappy Bird. I would recommend make something original, not copy something that's already popular(original gets the most popular if you succeed.)
Ludum Dare Game: Connected Worlds
URL:http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/27958