Packing up an Extension for Publication
1) ZIP it up into a folder.
2) If you’ve made a native (iOS / Android) extension, you can omit the project subfolder from the redistributed extension. This contains the source code to your extension. (Even if you intend for it to be open source, it's better practice to put the source up properly in Github.)Publishing an Extension
1) First, announce your extension on the forums using the template below.
2) After you've received some feedback and have ironed out the bugs, edit in your extension on Github. We'll need to approve your entry for it to show up.Engine ExtensionsToolset ExtensionsTemplate for Extension Postings in the Forums
Our community has built up a growing collection of extensions. Some have found the experience to be uneven with regards to installation and documentation.
Let's make a concerted effort to improve the quality of extension entries in the forums by standardizing the approach and doing the minimum required for a user to get up and going right away.What to Include
1) Describe it
- What does your extension do? Why is it useful?
- Provide a feature list.
- Provide a screenshot or video showing off what the extension does.
2) Provide *clear* download links
- It's OK (and recommended) to attach your extension to the forums. But provide a link inside your post. Most people will miss a forum attachment.
3) Provide adequate documentation.
- Tell users how to install the extension.
- Provide a sample game that can be immediately run.
- Document the most important features of your extension.
your post (and title) any time the extension is updated.
- If the user has to do anything to upgrade, beyond updating the extension, mention it.Template
(See the following post to see what this looks like.)
[size=18pt][b]Name of Your Extension[/b][/size]Examples of Good PostsAdMob Extension(This does all the right things. Clear documentation in a PDF, a well-formatted post, has just the right amount of info without being overwhelming.)
[i]Works on iOS, Android, Flash, Windows and Mac.[/i]
Describe the extension. What makes it useful?
(Place a video and/or screenshots here.)
- [url=http://aaa]Download this Extension[/url]
- [url=http://aaa]Sample Project[/url]
[url=http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,30432.0.html](How to Install and Update an Extension)[/url]
Either document the extension directly inside your post or link to an attached PDF file. At a minimum, explain what each of the blocks do like the following.
[color=green][b]Name of the Block[/b][/color]
Describe what the block does.
- Data Name (as Text)
- Value (as Number, Text, anything else)
- File Name (as Text)
Either "nothing" for an action block or the value it returns if it's a normal block.
Use this section to record updates and changes to the extension.