Ghost Song (back on Stencyl -- Warning, big GIFs ahead!)

twotimingpete

I'm pretty sure that I've tried it before and that it does scale down if the game's resolution is bigger than the monitor's.

seemed easy enough to test. I set my desktop resolution to 1600x900 and launched the game in full screen. it scaled to my screen size and looked alright.

rrzl

It does? Then, my bad. Carry on.
Perhaps using different scale assets (lower) is more beneficial to lower end rigs.
People with lower resolution, usually have lower specs, and the bigger the assets the double the amount of memory needed.

PrinnyLink

Ths looks amazing

TheQuagmire

Well done Pete I knew there was something special about you when I first met you all those years ago. I'm jealous, and proud of how far you've made it with Ghost Song. You're my  inspiration to getting back to stencyl, and creating something special like I should have.

It's been ages, but is Tou still around? I remember a name change.. but it's been so long I honestly can't remember.

jay2dx

Hey man this looks so good, I'm new to stencyl, coming here from game salad! I'm still using that but using this also now, for a platformer / exploration game, so much to learn though :) i have a game design background so should be ok, no coding though!

just wanted to say this is such an inspiration! keep it up dude

twotimingpete

thanks guys :) appreciate it.

twotimingpete

Hooking up a new thingy.

Click for bigger video.

basically the way this works is, in this area, the general environment is increasingly dark, but glowing elements are used to mark where things are. To see these, you have to charge up the room's glow level by shooting a node, which will then dissipate over time. There are enemies and hazards specific to the area which also have glowing elements on them that obey the room's glow level.

Donni11

Hi twotimingpete :) ! Look what I found : http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/ghost_song_a_journey_of_hope_could_come_to_wii_u_if_kickstarter_stretch_goal_is_met

It seems openfl is going to have compatibility with the wii u.
Peace

Justin

Hehehe. Donni, that article is 2 years old now, and it's already well-known that openfl is working on Wii U/current gen console targets.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Donni11

Hehehe. Donni, that article is 2 years old now, and it's already well-known that openfl is working on Wii U/current gen console targets.
So the chance is even greater :) ?

@twotimingpete , your welcome :) !
Peace

Justin

The chance is much greater now than it was back when that article was written. There have been demos of openfl games being run on the Wii U, but it's still a work in progress.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Hectate

So the chance is even greater :) ?
This is a known article (Stencyl is even mentioned), but you may have missed it; enjoy!
http://gamasutra.com/blogs/LarsDoucet/20150603/245099/HaxeOpenFL_for_home_game_consoles.php
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Donni11

Peace