Keep getting this error when testing the game?

davesubaru

An ActionScript error has occurred:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at com.stencyl::Engine/getRecycledActorOfType()[C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2027]
   at com.stencyl.behavior::Script/createRecycledActor()[C:\Program Files
(x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/Script.hx:1616]
   at MethodInfo-4410()[Source/scripts/SceneEvents_1.hx:247]
   at com.stencyl.behavior::TimedTask/update()[C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/TimedTask.hx:48]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2282]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2613]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2606]

And the game freezes. Not sure what's wrong :(

sdieters

you are refering to an object that hasnt bin specified.

can you show me a screenshot of your behavior which holds this error?
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

jacktheking

I'm getting something like this too. It happen sometime after I start the game; middle of the game.

davesubaru

you are refering to an object that hasnt bin specified.

can you show me a screenshot of your behavior which holds this error?

Hmm, I only have cannot exit screen behaviors on a few actors. Nothing else.
Would it be a possibility to get this error if an actor is spawned/created partially outside
the screen when it has the "cannot exit screen" behavior?

I have zero idea what these errors mean. Engine.hx.2027? TimedTask?
I do have some do every / do after blocks... Argg just when I spent a month on
making this game lol...

sdieters

If you dont want the behaviour to be public, you can pm me. That is the best way for me to figure out what the problem is
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

gamegirlxl

You should make sure that you're not setting a timer, killing an actor and having the timer's events happen.  I'm not sure if that's actually what's happening, but the environment seems right.

Photon

Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!