Duke Dashington!

AdventureIslands

Because I ran into this with Unept's Lava Bird, what's the target iOS version?

What do you mean target iOS version?

in Settings and Mobile the iOS Device version is set to 4.3 if that's what you mean, The game is running fine on iPhone4, iPod touch 5 and iPad Mini w retina.

twotimingpete

Good news folks! Duke Dashington is now done! 4 temples, total of 120 levels. Project I started from Ludum Dare around year ago is finally finished!

I'm still pending some new songs for the game, but other than that, the game is finished and I have nothing else to add, I need to start planning release. Hopefully it happens sometime this month.

The game will be out on iOS and Android, and I'm most likely making a desktop version as well.

congratulations! it looks awesome!

Stevetheipad

Good news folks! Duke Dashington is now done! 4 temples, total of 120 levels. Project I started from Ludum Dare around year ago is finally finished!

I'm still pending some new songs for the game, but other than that, the game is finished and I have nothing else to add, I need to start planning release. Hopefully it happens sometime this month.

The game will be out on iOS and Android, and I'm most likely making a desktop version as well.
Grats man - I'm going to be watching out for the iOS link so I can buy it. :)

gfalcaor

Looking forward to see the IOS link too.
I really want to play that game on my iphone!

Follow Me

Photon

in Settings and Mobile the iOS Device version is set to 4.3 if that's what you mean, The game is running fine on iPhone4, iPod touch 5 and iPad Mini w retina.
Good to hear. Certainly hoping it does well!

I assume you are going to post something about this on LD too, right?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

AdventureIslands

Asked KungFuFurby to compose new songs for the game. Looking forward to hear what he comes up with!

I assume you are going to post something about this on LD too, right?

Yeah I'll be making a post about it when I finally get the game released.

NobodyX

Congrats!!! I'll definitely want to play through it, I would really prefer to play it on my PC over my crummy tablet, so hopefully the wait between releases won't be too long!

AdventureIslands

Congrats!!! I'll definitely want to play through it, I would really prefer to play it on my PC over my crummy tablet, so hopefully the wait between releases won't be too long!

How did itch.io work out for you? I'm wondering if I should put the PC version on sale there?

Unept

In Settings > Mobile > Versions, my only choices are 5.0 or 7.1. I guess I had mine set to 7.1, which is why Photon could not install on his phone with iOS 6. I'm changing to 5.0 for the next update. I don't even have 4.3 as an option, but maybe different Stencyl versions have different options?
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

NobodyX

How did itch.io work out for you? I'm wondering if I should put the PC version on sale there?
I'd definitely recommend it. The only complaint I'd have is that I was making my own layout for the page with animated gif's and it was pretty annoying to set up, but if I had just used the standard layout stuff with static screenshots it would have worked great I'm sure. I could have also had a page on my own site and used the widget if I wanted to be fancy. So basically, use it, it's great but don't do the thing I did.

AdventureIslands

Heads up! Duke Dashington has passed Apple's review and will be available on the App Store 4th of September, meaning next Thursday! I'm working on a trailer for the game and hopefully will have it finished today. I've been discussing with Apple for possible App Store promotion, and if that happens I probably have to push the Android release bit further, but it's definitely coming, so stay tuned!

Unept

I've been discussing with Apple for possible App Store promotion...

Ooh, care to share any details into how this process is working for you? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious as to how it all works. 

Also, congrats on getting it finished!
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

AdventureIslands

I've been discussing with Apple for possible App Store promotion...

Ooh, care to share any details into how this process is working for you? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious as to how it all works. 

Also, congrats on getting it finished!

They contacted me after the game passed the basic App Store review, asking stuff like when the game is going to be released and so on, and wanted me to give their team at least 2-3 weeks to test the game out for possible promotion opportunity. After couple of weeks they asked me to upload promo material like App Store Banner and game's logo. Which was pending for another review for couple more days and now I got mail that they have accepted the material I submitted. I've done everything they have asked so it's completely up to them now if they want to promote it on release.

Unept

That's awesome! I sure hope they decide to promote it. Am I correct in assuming that they picked your game out of the crowd because of the merits of the game, and not because you have connections with an insider at Apple? This could be a good example for other Stencylers about the value of working hard on more original concepts. :)

AdventureIslands

That's awesome! I sure hope they decide to promote it. Am I correct in assuming that they picked your game out of the crowd because of the merits of the game, and not because you have connections with an insider at Apple? This could be a good example for other Stencylers about the value of working hard on more original concepts. :)

I don't know anyone from Apple and I didn't try to contact the promo team either. I was really surprised they would decide to contact me just like that out of the blue.