Explosion animation

Rawr

Any artists know how to do this?
I need a die animation for one of my actors, but my pixelart skills can't achieve that effect.

By the way, has to be in single color...alpha channel is fine but I'd prefer not to use it (conflicts with the style of the rest of the game).

So...anyone? Please help, it's best if you can teach me how to do so as well. Thanks.

thor6577

Well, i think that Greg's Run and gun game has a behavior named Spawn actor upon death. That will make the explosion behavior all you have to do is make one actor and it spreads it out making an explosion simulation.

Zephilinox

You could try finding a .gif explosion, then open it up in a program like Gimp and then save each individual animation layer into a .png picture, go in game and then create the animation, adding each frame as you go along.

Rawr

Well, i think that Greg's Run and gun game has a behavior named Spawn actor upon death. That will make the explosion behavior all you have to do is make one actor and it spreads it out making an explosion simulation.
*facepalm*That's the problem, you didn't get the point. I know actionscript okay! I'm just stuck on the art.

You could try finding a .gif explosion, then open it up in a program like Gimp and then save each individual animation layer into a .png picture, go in game and then create the animation, adding each frame as you go along.
Hmm. I'll try dat.

Pixel Pusher

Well, there is a behavior in the "Alien Approach" game which is called "Explode on Death".

Also, here is a site that has a neat little pixel style explosion maker called Simply Explosion Maker

http://www.east-power-soft.de/index.php?menu=software_software_progs_sem_eng

You can take the animation after and convert it to a single color.