Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Ludum Dare 29 - Theme: "Beneath The Surface"

vikingpotato

I get a 'Registration Error' when i login to my ludum dare account, its something new i couldn't find it on the internet... I get the same window when i try pasword resetting my ludum dare account. Dammit i dont want to lose my existing LD account with two games. >:(

Some one has any idea if there is a help/volunteer id or some official forum where i can seek help.. i have basically lost all access to my account. Thanks to anyone who can guide

noekintaro

I'm in. Ready for rock-&-roll again!

Raksunleashed

Sorry for being such a noob :/ , but can someone explain what this is all about? Thanks in advance.

Tuo

Raks, the Ludum Dare is a 48 hour competition to make the best game you can in a short time. Literally hundreds (I think now it's up to thousands) of teams join in. It's one of the most popular, most intense, fastest, most regular competitions in indie video game development. Some Ludum Dare entries have gone on to become somewhat popular games too.

(I can't say that I know this 100%; I haven't joined in yet, but what I wrote should be mostly accurate)

As for the topic, I've been considering joining, especially since I had to pass on the Stencyl Jam that recently finished. Even if I do join, it'll likely be one of my 8-hour games instead, but some of those have been some of my best. Would be a fun livestream party (assuming anyone would come to watch :P)...
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Photon

I get a 'Registration Error' when i login to my ludum dare account, its something new i couldn't find it on the internet... I get the same window when i try pasword resetting my ludum dare account. Dammit i dont want to lose my existing LD account with two games. >:(

Some one has any idea if there is a help/volunteer id or some official forum where i can seek help.. i have basically lost all access to my account. Thanks to anyone who can guide
I think it has to do with potential backlash from having to temporarily disable new user registrations (spam problems.) Once they turn those back on, hopefully that won't be an issue because I haven't been able to log on either. :)

EDIT: Apparently it's already been turned back on? That could be a problem then...
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

MikeyPB

Cool! I'll hopefully be able to join!

re: jury service person - bring your laptop! There's lots of waiting around outside of the courtroom.

MiscEtc

well that's useful. Apparently I can postpone jury duty up to 90 days. So looks like I will be participating after all.

@Hecate: It does seem kind of weird that it would be on the weekend. Also I noticed it has two different dates. The 26th on the front, and the 22nd on the back. Kind of confusing.

NobodyX

If the past is any indication, I'll probably intend to participate and then not finish anything.
“If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT.”
― Frank Zappa

Hey Im kind of new, can someone please explain what Ludum Dare is?

rob1221

The theme isn't announced until the start of the jam.  The "theme slaughter" voting has started if you want to starting voting on themes.

diwakar123

Is it the competition or collab ?

vikingpotato

I think it has to do with potential backlash from having to temporarily disable new user registrations (spam problems.) Once they turn those back on, hopefully that won't be an issue because I haven't been able to log on either. :)

EDIT: Apparently it's already been turned back on? That could be a problem then...

Doesn't help my case, still the same issue.. are you able to login now?

AdventureIslands

I didn't participate in the Newgrounds Stencyl Jam, but I'll definitely join this one!

Photon

Doesn't help my case, still the same issue.. are you able to login now?
Just tried again today and I was able to login. I wasn't able to earlier though, so give it another go. :)
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!