Could I Get Sued?

sonicspeed53

Hi, As U May Know, I Have A Company Named Pie .Inc, And I Know There Are Other Pie Inc.'s Out There. I Wanted To Know If I Could Be Sued. I Heard From Someone That Since Pie Is A Common Noun, That I Wouldn't Be Sued. I Just Want To Know If That's True! Thanks In Advance!

(P.S. I Made Pie .Inc A Long Time Ago And I Don't Remember Why I Named It Pie .Inc Instead Of Pie Inc.)

sonicspeed53

Also I Don't now If This Helps, But I Do Have A Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License For Pie .Inc!

Hectate

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. If you need a definitive answer, seek professional legal counsel.

In short, a lot of it will depend on what you do with your "Pie. Inc." company name.

Take for example the name of Apple. Is that a computer company or a music label? Both. And they have had extensive legal wrangling over the appropriate use of the name. In some places, well established franchises/brands (Papa John's pizza comes to mind) could not own the rights to the name because someone else had it already. In other cases, multiple companies have the same name because they offer different services/products that would not confuse consumers between the two. It's likely if you did a search of trademarks for "Pie Inc" you would find it already registered to someone, which is the key point.

Also, the Creative Commons license you identified does not apply to things like trademarks. It's used for creative works, such as games, artwork, music, etc.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

chaosoul

Why would you need a company already?
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

sonicspeed53

I Just Like Make Websites

blueboxblues

Brom why don't you just rename it Digital Pie? or somethig else? ;)

sonicspeed53

Brom why don't you just rename it Digital Pie? or somethig else? ;)
Lol, this post is SOOOO old  :o
I closed Pie .Inc a while ago and I now have a blog.
Also, nice username blueboxblues!  :P

SWATLLAMA

I'm glad your typing has gotten better to. But Digital Pie is a good name. You should've used that :)
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible