Attributes

Razvan3486

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:14:21 am by Razvan3486 »

sdieters

did you disabled the physics on those buttons? go to physics tab and set to cannot move. this can cause your buttons to fall off screen.

if that doesnt work, please show me a screenshot of your behaviour to create your buttons
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

Basseman

Hmm, sorry to hijack this topic but the recycle self behavior does not exist in Stencyl 3.0 right ?

Cheers !

sdieters

next time create a new topic for your question. but no, there is no recycle block anymore since 3.0 ALWAYS recycles actors
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

Basseman

@sdieters.. Don't get me started again ;)  Thanx for your answer.

sdieters

i meant a screenshot of your behaviour that creates your buttons

Alexin

In that first screenshot, you set "butoane_pincipale" multiple times to different values and the last one overrides all the others. I assume this isn't what you intended (it doesn't make sense as it is).

In the second screenshot, you kill AND recycle the actor. Either kill or recycle, but don't do both.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

SadiQ

Yes. Every actor you create MUST have it's own attribute in this case, or your behavior won't work.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Thinker

Whilst on the topic of Attributes . . .

Does there exist the concept of what most programming languages would call a "Global Attribute"?  i.e. an Attribute belonging to the Game or at least to the Scene which crucially is then available to all actor types to see and use?

For example, if there were say 10 enemy actors on screen and I wanted each one to "Kill Self" if the scene attribute "Room fills with Gas" is True.

So far I haven't found a way to create such a Global Attribute but as I am new I may well have just not come across it yet.

Alexin

Game Attributes.

I suggest you browse StencylPedia.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com