Nuggeta Extension: for multiplayer online games, Leaderboard, Chat and Inventory

lbroussal

This is awesome mdotedot an SadiQ! Congratulations.
I organize a little contest in your honor for the next Ludumdare. Have  look at the Ludumdare thread http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,30942.msg178723.html#msg178723

SadiQ

Thanks Ibroussal for this nice surprise :)
I hope to see some nice games in this upcoming dare, and if they use this extension it would be even better :)
I'll post a link to your LD thread in the first page so that it will get noticed!
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

tiffen

hii, I'm currently using their extension, and I have a question, for example: Player One "is an action, move something," which, while player two, are watching the action takes the player one, as in this example.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B9mpX1WSL_poRU9nenZOd3BtblE/Nuggeta/nuco.html

thanks and best regards :)

SadiQ

hii, I'm currently using their extension, and I have a question, for example: Player One "is an action, move something," which, while player two, are watching the action takes the player one, as in this example.
https://googledrive.com/host/0B9mpX1WSL_poRU9nenZOd3BtblE/Nuggeta/nuco.html

And what exactly is your question as I have trouble figuring out what exactly you want to know?
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ErLuiSS

he just want to know how can the player 2 look the movement from actors of player 1

lbroussal

Thanks Ibroussal for this nice surprise :)
I hope to see some nice games in this upcoming dare, and if they use this extension it would be even better :)
I'll post a link to your LD thread in the first page so that it will get noticed!

No problem i would be happy to see your nice work used and have Stencyl + Nuggeta games winning this LD :)

SadiQ

he just want to know how can the player 2 look the movement from actors of player 1
To see where the other player is moving you can just send the X and Y coordinates using the raw message block or using the Set Position PlayerID block(both players will send the positions). When you receive those messages just move an actor (the gray one in the example posted) to where those coordinates point.

lbroussal

I recommend like said by extension creator not use Reatime game play with this extension at the moment.
BTW Perfect match for social and asynchronous or realtime turnbased games.

SadiQ

Even if Realtime gameplay would be possible I'd still recommend starting with a turn based game, because it is easier to understand the logic needed to go from a single player game to multi-player gaming.
The Coordinates mentioned above is more or less a tech demo where people can see the exact latency they could get from trying to get realtime coordinates of other players.

lbroussal

Agree, Realtime games  go with more concept than just sending data as fast as possible :)

Luischo

I cant sign in at the nuggeta site.

It Let me register, but not sign in :'(

SadiQ

The Register process is not automatic. It could take a few hours until you receive the confirmation mail from them.

MaartenWinkels

Well done!
This is a really nice feature!
Good luck with it!

-Maarten

ErLuiSS

when i publish my game (on nuggeta) dont work the leaderboard its my fault? or i need wait to nuggeta aprove my game?

PD: i need tu publish because if is in sandbox only i can see the scores >.<

SadiQ

PD: i need tu publish because if is in sandbox only i can see the scores >.<
Where exactly are you looking to see the high scores? Keep in mind that you are the only one that can look inside the Game Definition page at your scores.
Looking at your name I imagine you might speak Spanish?