How can we change the position of a stick joint to an end or a corner rather tha

tapdroid

How can we change the position of a stick joint to an end or a corner rather than always being stuck at the center of an actor?

tapdroid

Is there an work around???

SadiQ

Is there an work around???
You could try to use code to do that, or you could (if possible) modify the collision bounds of the actor to see if it changes the position of the joint, or (if not possible) create a small dummy actor and place it where you need to place the end of the joint.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

tapdroid

Does anyone have an actual answer for this?

tapdroid

Sure are a lot of unanswered questions in this form.

captaincomic

SadiQ gave you an answer, didn't he? Like he said, you would need to use code, or try to find a workaround with a dummy actor.

Anyway, in 3.1 you won't need code anymore, you can use the Joints extension:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,31947.0.html

tapdroid

captaincomic

If I knew code I would not be using Stecyl, would I?
I am using Stecyl 3.1 joint ext.
If you read the request, you would know the joint is attached AT THE CENTER OF EACH OBJECT,  DIP  S*&^T...
If you don't know the words, don't sing the song...

"If you do not know the answer, don't open your mouth."

Don't make me come over there.

captaincomic

Woah, please calm down. And try to be more polite to people trying to help you, you know... in their free time, free of charge...  ::)

tapdroid

trying to help you,

Telling me; "SadiQ gave you an answer, didn't he?" is not helping.

misterfreeze

@Tapdroidcom if you find a way, i'd appreciate you sharing it with everyone.
The only other answer would be a hack - using transparent actors as pivots or sub-joints.

rob1221

Well you shouldn't have access to 3.1 yet, so care to explain this statement?

tapdroid

Well you shouldn't have access to 3.1 yet, so care to explain this statement?

Sorry, my mistake. 3.0.0 b1000

P.S.     Spacedude! Gravity   RockS...

tapdroid

@Tapdroidcom if you find a way, i'd appreciate you sharing it with everyone.
The only other answer would be a hack - using transparent actors as pivots or sub-joints.

Working on a couple others right now, but when I figure it out I will share.

tapdroid

Quote from: misterfreeze
[/quote

I made a game called WormBall and have found that using many joints really taxes the processor. Using extra transparent actors to connect the pieces that I want to appear to be singularly connected would be too much data to process for what I'm going for; even when removing collision points to the transparent actors.
  The ragdoll demo works well, but when you introduce 2, 3, or 4 in the same level, you lose control quickly.

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/10715

rob1221

Sorry, my mistake. 3.0.0 b1000
The joint extension is intended for 3.1, so if you're using it now you may get unexpected results.  Anything outside that extension will have to be done with code, and there are at most a few of us here that are familiar with box2D (captaincomic being one of them).