stencylforge 2?

SWATLLAMA

It'll be out in the fall it says, but what can we expect from it?

Or is this too early to ask? 

It's to my understanding that we can make moola from it.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

gigaclon

They might have ads.

chaosoul

I think he means you can sell your resources on it though from what I've seen swat all your stuff has mostly been from forge itself anyways.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Zephilinox

I thought he meant mochiads.

SWATLLAMA

I was thinking I'd be able to sell sprites, tilesets, and music.
I wouldn't sell behaviors, and I wouldn't sell games.
Hail The Llama

Zephilinox

I was thinking I'd be able to sell sprites, tilesets, and music.
I wouldn't sell behaviors, and I wouldn't sell games.

Is this really a good idea? what initially drew me to stencylworks was the fact I had access to such things for free, if stencylforge turns into stencylshop no one will have any reason to give their music/art away.

SWATLLAMA

Yeah, I agree. I don't like the idea of having to buy and sell, but if it comes to that, I will participate in the selling.
Hail The Llama

Darkhog

I'll also take part in selling, but in my case, due to my beliefs things which I'll sell will be available after some time for free.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

SWATLLAMA

Well I won't argue with your beliefs, but what is the point of that? Then people will wait.
Hail The Llama

DonPepe

Well, I think if you spend time in something you care about and did good work you should get a benefit for sharing it. If this must be money everyone has to decide himself. People who are just happy to help other "developers" will still share their stuff for free. But if you've done something really time-consuming and hard to develop, why not getting some cash out of it. If it is worth it, the community will be grateful too.
And death puts aside his scythe and climbed on the combine harvester. Cause it was WAR!

Miasmos Games

From what I've seen these sorts of projects don't tend to turn out too well: http://sparklemon.com/ That's a link to a site called sparklemon, which was started up a few months ago to provide a platform for developers to buy and sell resources. As it says on the site though, the issue is that a lot of people have interest in selling, but significantly less have any interest in actually buying - and therefore running - the shop. People will likely sell what was previously free and it will grind to a halt as few will want to buy things, especially as a large portion of Stencyl's audience are kids who don't really have the need - or want - to pay for resources unless they're nothing short of amazing. I do support the idea, however it doesn't seem to work in practice, spark lemon shut down a few weeks after creation after all. People should have some credit for their work, however it doesn't seem reasonable to charge unless you're providing something that truly deserves a price tag, as while many forge resources are stunning and testaments to the abilities of game creators etc, they don't really warrant a price tag for the amount you actually get out of them. I don't know, don't want to make people feel bad, but just my opinion, comments?

Cupcake Bounce

DonPepe

I absolutely agree with you. But I guess, as Stencyl will last a little longer than a few months, people will learn if their stuff is worth a price or better be shared for free.
And death puts aside his scythe and climbed on the combine harvester. Cause it was WAR!

coleislazy

I would say that there is currently little to nothing worth paying for on SF. However, I can see the potential for high-quality artwork and sound packs for sale. Perhaps code as well, but it would have to be even more exceptional than other resources. I would like to see some sort of moderation of the marketplace, though, to keep it from getting flooded with content that no sane person would ever pay a cent for (a blue Pronger for $9.99? Sweet!).

Grimreaper

All this will do is become a greed war and that's what is wrong with today's society if there was no greed then we wouldn't be in the hole we are in. If I was to sell anything it would be downloadable content that you can live without and I would make a 1 dollar store to a 5 dollar store and most like won't go beyond that point since I'am planning on make an online game.
Greed begets greed or something like.
yesterday is a memory tomorrow is a vision, but today its a b_tch.

DonPepe

Don't be so pesimistic, when noone buys a blue Pronger for $9.99 people will stop to try to sell it. And by filtering for most buyed/best rating (which will hopefully will be integrated) you mustn't see all that lumber.