Behavior turned completely void

davichito

See http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/shotcoco.png/. I was doing normal stuff and suddenly the behavior stopped working (but I could see it). I closed and reopened (saving, of course) and next time that is what I see. It has happened twice. I have no way to cause it again but sure a programmer can find the memory leak or ZeroMemory somewhere, I guess.

I got the file Design_1_1_cocoliso.design and it has all the data, yet it shows nothing. I will have to remake everything inside that behavior. It would be nice if someone can save that file so I can recover it.

The bug is serious since it wipes data. I do not upload it at the forge because it now says that the resources are corrupt too. And all the behaviors are now lost.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:24:56 pm by davichito »

davichito

*Also, the bug that asks for a restart of the program due to the 90% use of memory
*Actors are invisible under an invisible object
*Cannot move implies Cannot Collide but not with all actors
*After adding collision groups you have to restart the program
*Group collided does not come in Collision. You have to paste it from an existing project in order to work. Else it's the actor's and not the other's.

And several others but I got tired of the program. With my code lost, I guess the project is also lost forever.

Zephilinox

*Also, the bug that asks for a restart of the program due to the 90% use of memory
*Actors are invisible under an invisible object
*Cannot move implies Cannot Collide but not with all actors
*After adding collision groups you have to restart the program
*Group collided does not come in Collision. You have to paste it from an existing project in order to work. Else it's the actor's and not the other's.

And several others but I got tired of the program. With my code lost, I guess the project is also lost forever.

The Actors are probably invisible because the actor they are under was created "at front" instead of "at back", as for the rest I can't really say.

davichito

ah, ok, maybe it is.

Darkhog

For void, it happens if behavior has non-latin (like ąęŧŋđśðħ) characters either in name, attributes names or field values as if you use

draw text [Zażółć Gęślą Jaźń] at [5] [4]

(Zażółć gęślą jaźń is text used for font testing as it contains all Polish characters. It has no actual meaning).

So you'll have review design files to find these non-latin characters and replace them with latin equivalents.

//edit: Stencyl team is working on fixing this now.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Marck

This is fixed for the next build.
For the time being, remove all the accented characters from all the .design files. You should recover the behaviors.
Marco A.
Programmer, Spanish Translator

davichito

Now the project got lost. I have the data on another partition, but when I copy it over a backup version I had, it does not even show the project to load or when it does, it erases all the behaviors so I am unable to do anything.

That bug and the other one which erases all behaviors should be fixed. New users would quit using Stencyl as I did. I wil just use Flash. From a point of view, Stencyl just changes keyboard with a mouse, the rest is the same in Flash. And loads images and sounds... Now that I realize it I can move to Flash and my code won't ever be lost again. It was very painful to have lost the work of an entire week and I still have not recovered it. It has nothing to do with accents.

Note: the file did not have any accents or something latin... You can download it and see for yourselves. And it still does not show at Stencyl. Work on it and fix those bugs.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:03:00 am by davichito »

davichito

The file got some bogus data and I do not know where it came from. Also [LOG] end [ERROR]. Even after removing them, it still does not show. Can anyone fix the file so I can recover my week's job?

See also http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,3215.new.html#new

gigaclon

If you open up the design file and remove the line at 221. Its not valid XML. and further down there is a line that end in <block>PNG. That should be changed into a >. This should fix it. I don't know what happended to the file. If you can be detailed in what you did before this happened someone can fix it.

coleislazy

"Los candados siempre están vivos".

davichito

I did both but Stencyl still does not show anything for the behavior.

Oh, it was "están"...  :(

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:46:02 pm by davichito »

Zephilinox

Why don't you just re-make the behaviour? it's not like your game has been wiped, you just lost 2 behaviours, and assuming you made those behaviours yourself you should be able to re-make them in under half the time, but without the ascented characters.

Marck

As I said, this was fixed some days ago, and special characters will work in both CM and DM behaviors in the next version.
Also, this would be easier if you attached the game. I wonder how in the world you stuck a PNG image and a log file in the behavior definition...
Marco A.
Programmer, Spanish Translator

davichito

The problem is not with accented characters since I have the file and it does not have them. The code is huge because basically most of the game was in those two behaviors: the girl talking to activate the missions and the collisions of the main player.

I won't do it again since there is always the problem of it crashing again since the problem is not accented characters. The file does not have any. I am afraid my code will vanish again. Besides, I just began remaking it but in Flash, directly.

I will check the next build. I checked the update to 1.1 but still it is not readable. I will upload the game to the forge for others to tweak it.

davichito

The game is in the forge, Grizelda is the name. I also put it as an attachment.