OGG Sound problem

FabianBest

Hi guys, i've tried to test my game on Windows platform, import OGG sounds using audacity, in stencyl everything is ok, but when i'm trying to test, some errors like these come out:

EventDispatcher.hx:28: WARNING: Weak listener not supported for native (using hard reference)
Sound.hx:96: Error: Could not load "assets/music/sound-176.ogg"

Any idea what's goin'on?

petersdream

Maybe the file did not convert correctly.. Do you have a way to check that?
Indie Game developer (at night). Currently working on his dream game for iOS.
@petersdreamgame

FabianBest

Exactly the same thing is with the "DropBlock" game that i downloaded,  even if the .ogg is imported, same errors come out.

MageGriff

This is an issue that is stopping me from publishing my game to Windows.

I have tried removing every sound from my game and only adding a single .ogg file. My logs are still giving me:

[LOG] Sound.hx:54: Loading sound: 398
[LOG] Sound.hx:96: Error: Could not load "assets/sfx/sound-398.ogg"

Does anyone have a solution to this?

MageGriff

I've determined that this is an issue with a sounds being set to "Sound Effect". When a sound is set to "Music", the game compiles fine. When "Sound Effect", it almost always fails to load the sounds.

While I would be fine keeping all of the sounds set as music, this causes the build to crash in various areas of the game. This appears to be an issue with Stencyl itself, only when exporting Windows desktop builds.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: I created a brand new project in Stencyl with minimal assets and this still occurs.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:16:20 pm by MageGriff »

jffilion83

Bumped because I have this isssue too.  Windows Export seems to work better if its not set to fullscreen. When set Fullscreen for some reasons the sounds arent compiled correctly.

MageGriff

Bumped because I have this isssue too.  Windows Export seems to work better if its not set to fullscreen. When set Fullscreen for some reasons the sounds arent compiled correctly.

THANK YOU!!!

I've been spending over a week trying to fix this. Launching in fullscreen was indeed stopping the sound ogg files from loading. I wonder if we can make a scene that will trigger fullscreen mode once the game has fully loaded? Definitely seems like a bug with Stenycl, Haxe, or OpenFL.

Thanks again!

Update: My game now launches in windowed mode but I added a block in the first scene under a 'Created' event that toggles fullscreen. Pretty much feels like it's opening in fullscreen and the sound is still working!

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:31:31 am by MageGriff »

playtheHnote

Wow thanks you guys  these tips fixed a bunch of problems when running my game on windows. Now lets see if android works better now :)
Check out my instrumental rock album "Hail to the Chosen One" at: https://soundcloud.com/play-the-h-note

Visit my facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/justin.shellhorn.1
"Sound King"  now available at the forge see http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,35672.0.html
for more info!

jffilion83

You're welcome :)

Good idea to put the fullscreen block at launch, I'm gonna try this too.

Good luck with your projects.