Miner's Adventures

zawrot13

I'd like to show You my almost finnished new game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHYarXM4yJg

colburt187

Wow, great work, what an incredibly detailed game. I don't love the art but then it don't hate it either, seems to work with the overall theme.

What platform will you be releasing it on?

zawrot13

Thanks :) .Android first and 2 weeks later ios. ( I hope:) ) well, graphics are not typical but I still try to find some sort of my style. maybe I'll change some of the graphics before publication ( I don't know ) .

zawrot13

I'm very interesting of Your more opinion. What could be changed or iproved ( I know that it is only a video, not regular game and You cannot fill the game in 100% ).  Speaking about mobile stencyl's games... this one is on the performance edge ( I used minimal actors, no collisions  and simple actors,  new imageAPI features and game works 55-60 fps on rather old samsung galaxy s2 or HTC OneS. ). Also the number of the tiles is more than 30.000 so the mine is rather huge.  The mine is procedurally generated ( also with chasms/caves) so it looks different every time when You start new (not saved) game.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 10:45:48 am by zawrot13 »

colburt187

Sounds amazing, first think I would change is the main characters face on the title screen, didn't like it at all. I think the sound effects all seem pretty good, I like the dark effect when you are in the mine too. But without playing the game it's pretty hard to give any deeper feedback.

zawrot13

Thanks. I will draw today a little :)  Also, I will upload the demo on Newgrounds so it will be avaliable for play.

zawrot13

I created the demo for Newgrounds and I'm waiting for a judgement. After this, the gameplay will be avaliable :)

zawrot13

If You like to play, You can try on Newgrounds. It is demo but I disabled only the save and some levels of the upgrades in the shop.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/638900

colburt187

Ok cool, going to test it out later today.

rob1221

You have to click too far away in any direction to move.  If the mouse is over an adjacent grid square, then the player should move in that direction.

zawrot13

The ranges are the same for every 4 direction. it is about 80 pixels far from the player up to the end of the gamescreen. Rob, do You fill that it could be more comfortable to do it in different way?  I created it for mobile especially and looks like using the finger, it is very confortable to navigate the player. Maybe for mouse, it could be  did in different way..

rob1221

I should be able to click or tap directly to the right of the player and expect the player to move right (or mine something to the right).  Maybe you have a functional reason for the 80 pixel dead zone but for me that part of the game is unintuitive.

zawrot13

Thanks. I will try to move ranges very clise to the player.

Tobben2111

Thanks. I will try to move ranges very clise to the player.

Good :) I agree with Rob. It felt a bit strange to press so far away from your miner :)

zawrot13

I changed that. I have a different problem with the scales and the mobile performance. If the game is created in for example 800x480 and devices have the same resolution, game works very smooth. If the device has different resolution and the game has to be streatched, the performance goes down to even 50% ( especially If something happens in game which needs more power).
Maybe it is something which could be improved?