Joints Extension

andelmar02

Finding it hard to figure out the weld joint. My work around for now is creating a distance joint where each end of the joint is the exact same point, so it acts similar to a weld joint.

captaincomic

Hm, no idea what the problem with the weld joint could be...

captaincomic

Sorry for all the spam, looks like the problem is with the latest build of stencyl, i moved to an older version and the blocks are showing up now.
Which build are you using now? It might help to know that to figure out when it stopped working.

captaincomic

Sorry for all the spam, looks like the problem is with the latest build of stencyl, i moved to an older version and the blocks are showing up now.
Which build are you using now? It might help to know that to figure out when it stopped working.
Nevermind. The bug is also reported here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,37134.0.html

colburt187

It was build 7736 that works, but yeah it looks like Jason is on to it.

LIBERADO

Phew... I have finally found the cause of my problem:

The length of the vector doesn't matter, i.e. you could also enter ( x: 100 y: 100 ) for the same result.
I would like this to work, so I could specify the exact coordinates of the point (in the scene) to which I want the player to slide.

:( But it does not work for me. This is what happens:

In the Line/Prismatic Joints, if the axis X and Y are greater than 1, then the game crashes or the actor shakes uncontrollably. But if both values are lower than 1, then the Joints work fine.

I guess it's a bug.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:47:49 am by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

captaincomic

Okay, I assumed any vector would work, but apparently it needs to be a unit vector (= vector with length 1) Edit: or shorter than that. I'll change the description.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:46:02 am by captaincomic »

LIBERADO

I really love the Joints Extension, and the last pulley joint added is fantastic.

<a href="http://www.filz.us/files/150b9f5d/d1b/PulleyJoint.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.filz.us/files/150b9f5d/d1b/PulleyJoint.swf</a>

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:58:15 pm by LIBERADO »

captaincomic

Cool demo (as always) ;)

KylePreston

Really awesome demo Liberado;  so much fun!  How did you draw your rope on there?
I am an Ambient/Textural/Cinematic composer. Sometimes, for giggles, I write 8 bit music.
Site | Discography | Royalty Free Music

LIBERADO

Really awesome demo Liberado;  so much fun!  How did you draw your rope on there?
With this block:

KylePreston

Brilliant; attaching it to an actor-block, the (x, y) will change relative to the actor.  :o
I am an Ambient/Textural/Cinematic composer. Sometimes, for giggles, I write 8 bit music.
Site | Discography | Royalty Free Music

designpeg

Hi,fantastic extension!! I'm using it a lot in my game. One small query though, will it be affected by Apples insistence that all new submissions are compiled for 64 bit?

I'm not sure how extensions work behind the scenes, but I saw a post from jon saying that extensions would need to be updated.

Jon

Only the extensions that include native iOS code are affected by  the transition - hence why I only posted in a handful of them. Pure Haxe transitions like this one are not affected.

NeoCHI

I've downloaded  the Ragdoll demo and the Joint extension (enabled and restarted stencyl) from stencylforge but I can't seem to get it work properly. None of the joints seem to work. I also get the following error:

Level:     ERROR
When:      2015-09-12 11:25:40:146

Unexpected problem on thread pool-2-thread-2: null

Throwable: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.Definitions.createGetVariableBlock(Definitions.java:853)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.SnippetDesigner.createVarGetter(SnippetDesigner.java:776)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.codebuilder.CodeBuilder.loadDefinitions(CodeBuilder.java:256)
   at stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.codebuilder.CodeBuilder.writeToString(CodeBuilder.java:285)
   at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter.convert(SnippetsWriter.java:570)
   at stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.SnippetsWriter$1.run(SnippetsWriter.java:505)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)