!!! Photon's "Fire Sale" Extraordinaire of Behaviors !!!

Photon

For the next 60 minutes, I'm accepting any and all offers to make custom behavior/custom blocks/etc. Open until 10:00 PM of the original post's date.

Short sob story: I recently had my wisdom teeth out and its been... complicated. In an attempt to alleviate my boredom and distract myself from the discomfort, my intent is to go on a coding spree.

• Although I obviously intend to deliver, I make no hard fast guarantees. Read below for more details.
  • Be specific on what exactly it is you want the behavior to do (give me the "what" so I can handle the "how" more easily), especially if its multifaceted. Vague requests may be ignored.
  • Keep it reasonable. If its excessively complicated (the core mechanics of an RPG game, for instance), don't post it or it may be ignored.
  • I have no intention of setting a deadline, particularly if there are a lot of requests.
  • I intend to enforce the deadline relatively hard to prevent a constant stream of requests being added. If you miss the deadline, then don't post please.

All right, let's go. 8)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:23:53 pm by Photon »
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Shimone

Wow!
I am not sure if you are still/already accepting request because I think I am in a different timezone (I assume you are referring to your timezone when you say 6:20 pm, but I don't know where you live). I I am currently working on some behaviors but I am having some difficulties, so I would be really interested in seeing what a "Master Stencyler" can come up with. So these are my request:

1) Custom Gravity Force Blocks
          - Enable Gravity Force for [Self] with Radius [] and Force [];
          - Disable Gravity Force for [Self];
The first block creates a region and attaches it to an actor. All the movable actors inside the region will be they will be pushed towards this actor. If the force value is negative the movable actors will be pushed away. The force applied to the movable actors should be the sum of all the forces applied to the movable actors. For example if a movable actor (e.g. an asteroid) passes between two actors A and B (e.g. two planets) with this behavior, the movable actor will be pushed with a force that equals the force towards A plus the force towards B, so if F(A) = F(-B) then the movable actor will stand still (or its speed remains constant).
The second block is self explanatory.

2) Rotate around custom point block
           - Rotate around (x: []; y: []) by/to [];
Attaching this block to an actor lets me rotate around a custom point every actor I attach this behavior to.

Possibly I would like them to be as efficient as possible because I would like to use them on mobile games. Thank you again!

Photon

Huh. Based on the content of "Ask A Question" stuff, I figured that people would jump on this, ha.

I'm going to post about this directly in "Ask A Question" and extend the deadline.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

UnrealCanine

How difficult would a behaviour be where a character can recognise slopes/steps, and could only climb is it was shallow/small enough?

altobi

Excellent work, Photon. Do you work on extensions too?
If you have an OS X device, can you try to make a Vungle extension for IOS (already exist only for android)?
That would make my day!

Photon

@UnrealCanine: I can look into it. I know it was done in some form with the Platformer Kit, so maybe with some digging I can figure something out. For thoroughness sake, what don't you like about the one with the Platformer Kit?

Define what exactly you mean by climb as well. Do you mean just generic walking?

@altobi: I do not have an OS X device nor do I have experience with iOS. Sorry. :( If you have another request though feel free to put it out there.

UnrealCanine

@UnrealCanine: I can look into it. I know it was done in some form with the Platformer Kit, so maybe with some digging I can figure something out. For thoroughness sake, what don't you like about the one with the Platformer Kit?

Define what exactly you mean by climb as well. Do you mean just generic walking?

I haven't used the PK's version in ages, but I can't remember it working well.

And for climb, I meant small obstacles that a player shouldn't need to jump over, such as a small box or a roadside kerb for instance

Photon

Oh, OK. So you want one for slopes and steps then? And are we talking actors, tiles, or both?

Stevetheipad

Is this still open? If so, could you make a block that opens up the iOS dictionary for a word? It'd use the UIReferenceLibraryViewController.

rmoffitt

How about a 'return to original position' behavior.
I have one where when you get within a certain radius, a guy will chase after you, then if you get far enough away again, he stops.
I would like for him to go back (walk, not teleport) to where he started from. This seems like it would be pretty easy, but I am having trouble with it, mainly because it is not necessarily a straight line back (obstacles and whatnot).
I would be grateful just for some pointers on how to approach it.
Thanks

UnrealCanine

Oh, OK. So you want one for slopes and steps then? And are we talking actors, tiles, or both?

Both please

ahmadoweda

Google play game services would be awesome :) leaderboads and achievements.

Photon

Sorry guys. I ended up getting very busy after the whole wisdom teeth scenario and on top of that I've been experiencing some technical difficulties with Stencyl. The two behaviors that were requested within the timeframe (not including the OS X one that is unfortunately sort of out of reach for me) aren't out of the question, but as it stands right now I'm not in a good position to get it done. We'll have to see what happens.

Pertaining to the gravity thing though, I had planned to just convert some of the code from this into some custom/extension blocks; feel free to look at that in the meantime.

The slope and step thing I don't necessarily have anything for, but as I mentioned some technical difficulties have me in a not so ideal spot to work on it. Can you give me all the pinpoint specifics on what you want it to do? That way maybe I can punch it in and try to have it working before I run into any internal issues. The only thing I'm not sure I'll be able to handle is the tiles; I've tried messing with internal collision stuff before and it hasn't necessarily panned out well for me.