Quality Switcher

Zephilinox

I spent about an hour trying to find a way of getting a quality switcher to work (low,medium,high,etc) but cannot, it continues to give me "package cannot be nested" errors, probably due to the fact I'm mixing design blocks with code import blocks, if someone could create this behaviour and upload it to the forge I would really appreciate it, and I'm sure it would become fairly popular, too.

Sunflower

If you mean the quality switcher as in typical Flash game, then it doesn't really make sense in Stencyl, or so I heard. You see, many Flash games use vector graphics rather than raster ones. Because of that, there's nothing really to change when it's about quality: you could change it for circles, polygons and such, but you can't really do the same for pixelated graphics because it's just... well, pixels! And I'm not sure, but it seems that drawing cirles, rectangles, polygons and such is also based on pixels (or rather, Flixel engine) in this case, so it wouldn't help much here, either.

Although maybe I'm wrong, if so, someone correct me.

Zephilinox

If you mean the quality switcher as in typical Flash game, then it doesn't really make sense in Stencyl, or so I heard. You see, many Flash games use vector graphics rather than raster ones. Because of that, there's nothing really to change when it's about quality: you could change it for circles, polygons and such, but you can't really do the same for pixelated graphics because it's just... well, pixels! And I'm not sure, but it seems that drawing cirles, rectangles, polygons and such is also based on pixels (or rather, Flixel engine) in this case, so it wouldn't help much here, either.

Although maybe I'm wrong, if so, someone correct me.

Interesting..