My new game makes good success :) Read and please support! "CANNON BEE"

rob1221

You'll probably get some more downloads, but it won't compare to a home page feature.

vanhaylo

cool. more downloads is good. These things are always a matter of luck in a large part. u never know what happens i guess !

vanhaylo

UPDATE: Getting average of 60 downloads a day this week with no advertising. Has anyone tried advertising on admob or Facebook and found it very helpful? is it worth it?

riki82

UPDATE: Getting average of 60 downloads a day this week with no advertising. Has anyone tried advertising on admob or Facebook and found it very helpful? is it worth it?

Facebook works well because you can choose the targeting by the interests of the public.
It has a low cost.
To advertise an application you need to create a Facebook application, it is very simple.
If you integrate the Facebook Sdk from within your app you can get detailed statistics on shares and use.

If you have more than one application that uses Admob you can create auto-promotional banner free in your apps.

GeorgeN

AWESOME UPDATE: Today my app got featured on the AppStore in many countries in the new games arcade and action sections for both iPad and iPhone!! And the places where it is featured are pretty good! It is featured in the 27th place in USA, 17th place in Canada, 2nd place in UAE, 1st place in Lebanon, and 39th place in New Zealand, and 10th place in France, 35th place in China!

Does anyone have any experience with this?? How good is this? or am i getting excited over nothing? LOL

Sorry to ruin your excitement but almost all new apps get featured in New Apps/New Games/All apps/ all games. It will pass. Other apps will come and your will be pushed to bottom.

vanhaylo

Thats ok it is actually helping me while it lasts. I added a Facebook advertisement 3 days ago and advertised on admob also. My downloads are now up to a  100 per day and seems to be rising.

Alexin

Quote from: vanhaylo
Doesn't being in the top charts count as advertising?
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

vanhaylo

Yeah but it isn't in the USA top chart. Thats the main fate deciding factor if u wish to call it. Maybe one day it will reach, I dunno, we'll see!

riki82

I agree whit GeorgeN...
Usually the apps featured in the "new categories", are removed after 2-3 weeks at most, and unfortunately there will be a drastic drop in downloads.
I'll tell you about my experience.

vanhaylo

Apple finally fixed my iAds today after 2 weeks! That was the single worst experience i've had to deal with in this whole process. But now it is receiving requests and making  impressions with a 35% fill rate it says.
If anyone sees the iAds show up i would really appreciate it if you could confirm since I'm not in the states.
Thanks

Unept

Not seeing any ads yet. I assume they will go in the slot at the bottom? Nice game, btw. :)
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

vanhaylo

yeah they will go where the brown is on the bottom. that's weird  coz it is recording that it is getting requests as well as impressions with a fill rate of 25% now. Maybe it needs a few hours to show, i read online that that may be the case with iAds once they go live.
glad u like the game! it's my first attempt at all this :)

sfw

I was download it . It is funny . keep going . I'm start develop my first game too ^_^

vanhaylo

Thanks! glad you like it! Best of luck in your development :)

vanhaylo