Temple of the Faceless Minotaur Who Sees the Burning Light

NobodyX

I posted about the game in the low rez jam thread but I think it is way past the point of deserving its own thread here. The game is a roguelikelike with randomly generated levels. Explore and power up, if you die then jump right back in because the random generation will keep things fresh.

I'm VERY VERY happy with how the game has turned out. From a developer perspective it was really great and fun because I was able to make something pretty huge and fairly deep without a huge ton of time spent. I DID spend a lot of time on the game but each piece went by so quickly that the resulting game is pretty damn substantial I feel. I worry that the game isn't going to get the attention I feel it deserves because the 32x32 thing is going to hold people back from seeing what I see in the game, but even if no one played it ever then the development would have been worth it purely from a learning standpoint so I guess I should just be okay with whatever happens.

Anyway, here's the game: http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/temple-of-the-faceless-minotaur-who-sees-the-burning-light/27167/

rob1221

I think I'm on the 4th level so far (after many noob deaths) and I still have no idea what seeds are for.  One turned into a seemingly useless green tree, and another turned into an exploding tree  :-\.  And my max bombs is now 1 which is making me regret those health boosts :(

While the music isn't bad, the short loop gets repetitive after half an hour, so is there a way to mute it?

EDIT: OK, I see the trees can grow boosters.

Damn, I beat that boss and thought it was the end of the game.  Nope, it's zone 2 and I died about a minute into it :'(

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:10:13 pm by rob1221 »

NobodyX

I may add music muting, I don't know.

Jon

Thanks. Needs a logo though.

NobodyX

I thought I added a logo, I see it if I look on the arcade, or do you mean another logo?

rob1221

I'm making some more attempts at this game today.  So far I found out that -elec is pretty much a restart since I have no range to hit anything without being hit first (outside bombs of course).

Wow, I can shoot bombs by looking in a direction.  It took me way too long to figure that out.

Bug: second zone started me off in the line of fire of those 4-way shooter things.  So glad that didn't kill me.

Nevermind, killed by suicide bomber :-[.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:00:38 pm by rob1221 »

NobodyX

Bug: second zone started me off in the line of fire of those 4-way shooter things.  So glad that didn't kill me.
That's really bad luck. =p

rob1221

"You win"  :D

"Hard Mode Unlock" :o

I think I'll pass on that.

NobodyX

Hahaha, yeah. I haven't even played hard mode myself either honestly. :p (aside from testing it to make sure it worked) Just figured.... why not put it in? So I did. :p

Also... congrats!!!! You're the first person other than me that I know of who has beat the game.

torcado194

wow this game is fantastic i love everything about it. great job!