Dungeon Rush!

Strasteo

A game by Vitor (Luyren) and Lok-Hin (Strasteo)

Concept, Graphics & Level Design: Lok-Hin
Programming, Debugging & Music: Vitor

Dungeon Rush is a hack and slash platforming game where you run constantly throughout a dungeon, searching for the Legendary Sword hidden deep within and once you find this weapon, your final goal is to defeat the Dark Emperor, and rid the world of his evil.

If you stretch your memory a tad, you might remember the old demo we released as a contestant in a Game Jam. We've vastly improved many areas of this game, and have implemented features such as:

-Inventory for potions
-Special Areas
-New NPCs to talk to and buy from
-Completely new levels with emphasis on different paths to take
-Helmets to shield you from harm
-And much more!

I've attached a few screenshots of the game in action. I think I can speak for the both of us in that we are very excited, and we're working hard to release a solid game. There's just a bit more to go until we believe its ready to be published for both the Stencyl website and onwards.

I must say that working with Luyren is a great pleasure, and due to his constant advice, forward-thinking, and hardworking ethic this game has gotten to such great levels.

On behalf of us both, thank you for the support up till now, and we hope that you enjoy playing the game once its finished. :)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:59:51 pm by Strasteo »

Masked

Can't. Effin'. Wait. The game jam version was my favorite Stencyl game to date.

Ceric

I liked the Gam Jam version, so I'm looking forward to this.

irock

Yeah, the game jam version was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the final version!

Hectate

I'm in agreement with everyone above. This is a bandwagon I'm glad to be onboard! Chaaaarrrge!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Chris

The game jam version was pretty short. Even if this next version just had more levels I would be satisfied. But since you're doing that along with adding all of the above, I'm pretty excited to see how this works out.

Strasteo

Thanks for all the kind comments. We're both working very hard to get this game done. Here's a sneak peek of something exciting that I'm glad we could get in there.

Sub-Bosses!
The right and left hand subordinates of the Dark Emperor himself. 

The Undertaker

A fiery statue, said to drag the souls of the dead into a furnace, continually burning them for all eternity.
The Cleaver

A brutal torturer, it enjoys crushing enemies under its large axes.

Sort of a paltry update, but I wouldn't want to spoil everything for you guys. It'll be much more fun to experience it yourself, anyway. As for the completion of the game, we're nearing the homestretch. I'm pretty confident that we will release it by the end of next week, to the Stencyl community. Look forward to it! :]

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:54:15 am by Strasteo »

NobodyX

I am loving the sub-bosses! I'm positive this game will be awesome, I can't wait!

Jesse

I'm looking forward to this. :)

Luyren

As I said in another thread: progress report!

The dungeon itself is ready. There may still be some rooms with problems, but we'll fix it as we playtest them.

There are a few music tracks I have to finish, about 6 I think.

We're currently working on the credits and the achievements part of the game. I have all the behind-the-scenes stuff done, but it's missing the notification part, and the actual achievements screen.

Strasteo is working on the credit's scene NPCs, and will work on some level design fixes.

So, yeah, we are almost there!
==================

Also...
I'll use this post to officially announce our partnership, Lit-Switch Productions. We've been working together for quite some time, and we work well together! We already talked about some of our next possible projects, and we're quite excited about this! Strasteo will handle most (if not all) of the graphic/level design related part, while I'll handle programming and sound.

We're also setting up a blog with information about our projects and stuff like that. It should be looking the way we want when we release Dungeon Rush!, though I'll let Strasteo decide if he wants to show the blog now or later.
Working.

BonBonBunny

Oh wow, yay!  It's so awesome when collaborations work so beautifully like that!

No pressure or anything, but we expect nothing short of greatness from you.

Jon

As I said in another thread: progress report!

The dungeon itself is ready. There may still be some rooms with problems, but we'll fix it as we playtest them.

There are a few music tracks I have to finish, about 6 I think.

We're currently working on the credits and the achievements part of the game. I have all the behind-the-scenes stuff done, but it's missing the notification part, and the actual achievements screen.

Strasteo is working on the credit's scene NPCs, and will work on some level design fixes.

So, yeah, we are almost there!
==================

Also...
I'll use this post to officially announce our partnership, Lit-Switch Productions. We've been working together for quite some time, and we work well together! We already talked about some of our next possible projects, and we're quite excited about this! Strasteo will handle most (if not all) of the graphic/level design related part, while I'll handle programming and sound.

We're also setting up a blog with information about our projects and stuff like that. It should be looking the way we want when we release Dungeon Rush!, though I'll let Strasteo decide if he wants to show the blog now or later.

I'm thrilled to hear that you're partnering up on a more permanent basis. You guys work as a great team, and I look forward to Dungeon Rush and your future projects.

Strasteo

Thank you for the kind words, Bridget and Jon! I too, am quite excited for current and future projects Luyren and I are/will work on.

In related news, I've put the finishing touches on the official Lit-Switch blog. While this isn't quite pertaining to "Dungeon Rush!" we'd like to introduce it now. We haven't quite posted much yet, but please visit and look around a little. I plan to add more content about our projects and such soon.

http://litswitch.blogspot.com/

Greg

You guys do make a great team - I like your style!

Strasteo

Dungeon Rush! is now available for play to the Stencyl community.

I am immensely proud of the work that we've done, and I hope that this effort reflects in this final product. Well, almost final. There are probably still some bugs here and there, and if you guys could report it to us, it'll really help.

But for now, please play the game, and enjoy!

Play Dungeon Rush!