Dungeon Rush!

Strasteo

I don't understand how to hurt the axe boss. The first time I got to it I was able to shoot at it, but with the sword every time I went to hit it nothing would connect then my guy would run into the boss. Also I don't understand what the circle part of the boss does.

Yeah, this boss fight is a little bit more involved. I understand your confusion, it wasn't apparent to me before. We're going to include a hint of sorts in our next fix, which will be up in just a little while. I wouldn't want to spoil anything, you see. Thanks for your patience! :]

Quote from: Epic428
That was another thing I noticed, the sword didn't seem to work as well as other weapons. I preferred to use the Hammer over everything as it was easier to attack with.

Thanks for bringing this up, we've tweaked some values to make the weapons a bit more balanced. I think you'll find that playing using the other weapons has their own pros and cons. It's fun to experiment and try them, if not for certain rewards. ;)

NobodyX

Ummmm... I got stuck again. This time I appeared above the level when the scene loaded.

Strasteo

Drat. @_@

Thanks for finding it, NobodyX. Fixed, update coming later tonight.

Luyren

Sorry for all the inconvenience everyone. I think we "rushed" at the end of the line, and forgot to playtest/debug some very important stuff.

Anyway, I've fixed all the presented issues, as well as some stuff that I completely forgot. Strasteo will add his batch of fixes, mainly some more save points, and then republish.
Working.

Strasteo

Sorry about the wait, everyone. I believe we've fixed quite a few errors on sub-bosses, save points, etc. and improved the experience, basically.

It's been updated now. If you come across any other problems, feel free to PM or post here and we'll get around to it as soon as possible.

Strasteo

Keeping the updates coming!

We've added a few things like sound effects, revised others like weapons to balance out, etc. You should be able to complete the game without error now. As always, anything you come across, or just have something to say, we'd love to hear it. :]

Luyren

Hello again everyone!

I personally watched a playtester run through the Dungeon, and I noticed a lot of stuff, as well as received a lot of feedback. We have tweaked the boss battles to be more frantic and a little harder. Fixed all the bugs we were aware of and in our power to fix.

The game has been republished, and I believe it's finished. There are stuff we wanted to add, somethings we wanted to do differently, but it's time to move on!

We are thinking about looking for sponsorship with this game. You might think "What the hell are these novices thinking?". Well, we know it's hard to get sponsorship, but we want to know if the game is good enough for that, what can/should we change to have a better chance etc. Even if everybody says it's not good enough, we'll know where we have to aim for our next project.
===========
Oh, and why don't you guys tell your experiences with the game? Something awesome that happened, or if you found one of the secrets, anything!
Working.

Jon

Are you looking on FlashGameLicense or going it alone? You may need to tell the sponsor that we can bend and not show the splash screen if the sponsor's terms force that.

Luyren

Are you looking on FlashGameLicense or going it alone? You may need to tell the sponsor that we can bend and not show the splash screen if the sponsor's terms force that.
We'll try FlashGameLicense. We'll still wait some time to gather more feedback before trying there though.

Oh, and thanks for that Jon! This was one of my concerns actually!
Working.

Jon

Just so I don't forget, e-mail this weekend about that (the splash screen), and I'll hook you up with the right files.

NobodyX

The game crashed. :( The moment I pressed the attack button the game froze like this:

Luyren

Thanks for the find! I've fixed, but I have to wait for Strasteo to republish the game. And I rather wait for more feedback before republishing.

So, to avoid this bug, don't fire the Gun 4 (aka bazooka) at point-blank range, be it in a wall or an enemy.
Working.

Jon

So I opened your game in SW today to snap a few shots for the site. I was floored at the scale of the game. I haven't seen Binding Force's source, but this is easily the biggest, more complex Stencyl game yet and makes me think twice about how we'll accomodate larger scale games in the future.

200 actor types, 118 scenes, over 150 behaviors. This one is huge and will give us ideas down the line about how we'll better be able to accomodate these kinds of games which will happen more and more often as the skill level of the median successful Stencyl user rises.

irock

So I opened your game in SW today to snap a few shots for the site. I was floored at the scale of the game. I haven't seen Binding Force's source, but this is easily the biggest, more complex Stencyl game yet and makes me think twice about how we'll accomodate larger scale games in the future.

200 actor types, 118 scenes, over 150 behaviors. This one is huge and will give us ideas down the line about how we'll better be able to accomodate these kinds of games which will happen more and more often as the skill level of the median successful Stencyl user rises.
The Binding Force has 113 actor types, 19 scenes, 105 behaviors and 53 sounds, in case you were wondering.

Jon

Request for you

3 screenshots of Dungeon Rush at native game resolution. I also need 100x60 100% (unscaled) crops of those 3 screenshots. This is for the StencylForge section of the site.

I also need some sort of quote (1-3 sentences) from you that talks about how StencylWorks/StencylForge helped the two of you work together and have now formed a partnership out of it.

Thanks!