Contr-Heroes

1MrPaul1

I started this game 2 years ago, and want to finish it and publish as desktop game.
Game was finished on 80% as i thought, but now i want to change it completely.
And interesting to hear your opinion about the graphics

gameplay video on you tube http://youtu.be/0Mepap3Lifo

In fact only tiles was done, robots got to be redrawed than i need to create maps and gameplay itself

some screenshots here http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,28715.0.html

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:33:47 am by 1MrPaul1 »

Photon

Ooh, not too bad looking there. Graphics are pretty slick, though the actual animation and movement side of things is a little rough. Looks interesting, but I couldn't gather a whole lot from the video.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

1MrPaul1

Thank you!

Yeah, everybody saying the same. Animation is not very good.
I want to make upgrade-able robot for this made robot from parts. But it is very hard to animate this parts especially when using tween effects.

i just wonder how personages was animated in Diablo 2. They used many parts for every personage in several projections and every part was with its on shadow on the ground.
I want the same robot, but do not know how to archive that.

I made this video from flash file that I made 2 years ago in Stencyl2, now I can't continue development of those version of the game. Don't know why but fps in S3 in 3 times lower than in S2, and in native targets textures shaking while camera is moving, so probably I need to remake whole game.

Want, to try to sell PC version on Steam.

I shortly, the game about robot that fighting with other robots on mars,
Want to make an open world. To archive this I made special textures that allows me to make unlimited number of different forms, buildings and landscapes using just several tilesets.
It got to be something as half life, portal, contra with elements of classic RPG, may be just without to many dialogs, while my english is bad and I want to make the game international.

1MrPaul1

Added night in the game.
It is all just a test, day and night textures is not very good now.

1MrPaul1

Thinking about battle system now.
hacked diablo 2 files, and learning how they make balance.
also, when I see how diablo 2 is made, I think I will never have the same quality, everything is so complex there. Every character there using about 1500 sprites..... this is something incredible

DariusSlayer

This looks absolutely amazing :o  Great job on the textrures, animations, and everything else.  How did you work around those slopes/stairs?  Because I've been having trouble with those in my project.

1MrPaul1

Thank you!

Everything is simple, I made collision tiles, that placing tiles on separate layer where collision is needed, and using small collision box at the bottom of each actor that moving on the floor.  Actors moving to some point inside collision boxes as in diagonal RPG games.

Callan S

Thinking about battle system now.
hacked diablo 2 files, and learning how they make balance.
also, when I see how diablo 2 is made, I think I will never have the same quality, everything is so complex there. Every character there using about 1500 sprites..... this is something incredible
You do realise that diablo 2 was made by around 40 people over maybe 4 years?

You're expecting that as a single person you can match what 40 people did in twice the time you took? Seems a bit harsh on yourself?

1MrPaul1

I already made a system where I can automatically create robots that consist from 15 moving parts (see attachments) animating like 3D models from text file where I store animation points and have about 120 customize-able, parameters
It allows me to create many unique robots very easy. And do not make sprites for every part of every state of every character how it was in diablo, where every characters consist from about 3000 sprites.
I just need to draw a robot in Illustrator, than separate it on 15 moving parts and place this parts in stencyl, than add the names of those parts in excel tablet and add this excel tablet in stencyl.
Also, added suffixes and prefixes like in diablo that allows to create never ending number of items in the game.
In fact many things are done already, will announce it soon.

I'm not so genius, I'm repeating, this is always more easy than to create from scratch.
And of cause I will never be able to make the game the same as diablo, this is just my target which motivated me to make the game as better as it possible.

Also, I have objective limitations of stencyl. I can't make multiplayer, that is very very bad for RPG, I can't to scroll the screen, because scrolling is jerky, it is not allows me to make wide open world, I have workaround, but gameplay became worse.

Another problem, I can't to make my game everyday, because need to think where to get money, how to find a work for my small typography etc. while diablo was made in the studio where those 40 people just living and spending several millions of dollars on creating the game.
But I do not need the same popularity as diablo, I just want to make a good game. And trying to not invent a bicycle.

Also, why making game alone is bad, we are loosing objective look on our creation when making it for very long time, so, I really need good betatesters who will estimate what is right and what is wrong in my game.

1MrPaul1

Hello!
Posting little video with the new skeletal animation of the main character.
I think it is much better and alive than usual sprite animation. Also I have great possibilities for customizing the robot.
Sad that video not allows those smoothness of the motion that I have in the game, but you can estimate overall look and feel of the animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3BP7CHTHiU
Do not have too many time on making games now, but hope soon will continue the work.

1MrPaul1

Some gif screenshot of the robotmotion

this screen do not showing real game look.

While playing, motion is very smooth, but I do not know how to show it, video and gifs cutting frames and lower down picture quality.

So, I hope soon I will be able to show demo version of the game

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:13:30 pm by 1MrPaul1 »

ceosol

That looks pretty smooth already. Very nicely done.

1MrPaul1

Thank you ceosol!
will try to post a fight scene soon

Bombini

Thank you ceosol!
will try to post a fight scene soon

Very nice!

1MrPaul1

Created a health system where all objects in the game can  get and apply 6 types of damages
mechanic, radiation, fire, smoke, plasma and electricity.
While mechanic damages just decreases the health , all other damages have additional behaviors.
Also, added many visual effects, like smoke after death and spreading the parts of robots after explosion.
Integrated all menus, skills, inventory, upgrade, characteristics.
Everything is working great.
Also make a system that automatically generating a stuffs like in the Diablo after monster death with specified quality and different set of additional properties.
Also, now, every part of any robot, getting it own damages, so you can destroy a head of the monster or body, and your robot can damage his head or legs and walking with distorted  parts.
Also found a way how to capture a good quality video. Soon i will post it.
I just need to build a new levels. Already made a sketches of the first starting level with 9 rooms.
Now i can show you a new character (I'm planing to make at least 20 different characters x 6 classes = 120) Also, you can combine the part of those characters.