Sound type 'music' playback problem.

dareek

Today I tried to run my test game on the low end android device: 800MHz single core ARM CPU, 512 Mb RAM, Android version 2.3.6 phone.
In Game Settings/Mobile both Android Minimal and Target Version were set to API 9 - 2.3 Gingerbread. I also tried API 10 - 2.3 Gingerbread. The same result.
Everything went unexpectedly smooth accept sound playback. The test game plays only 1 audio file at a time. The file is 44100 Hz, 160 kbit, 2 Mb OGG imported as 'music type = MUSIC'.
The playback was muffled, not playing steady, stuttering, etc.. Generally speaking lots of audible problems.
When I changed the music type to SOUND EFFECT, loading the test game took significantly longer
([LOG] I/trace (20970): Sound.hx:54: Loading sound: 10 took some time), but the music playback was 100% correct.
I use Stencyl 3.1 - free version, yet.
I did not see this problem on faster android devices I used for tests.

QUESTION:
Is there a way to correct the streaming problem in Stencyl? Something like a small buffer for sound (when music is streamed on slower devices) should help.
Or should I get ready to fill a bug report?

rob1221

It's a third party problem with OpenFL.  For now your only solution is to reduce the size of your sound file, by either reducing length or quality.

dareek

Thx. Trying quality reduction now.