Android game not transfering

Jason21745

  • Posts: 216
Firstly hi everyone I have been using stencyl for 2 months now but this problem  has got me stumped :(. Basically what happens is either one of two options.
1) it produces  a log
[LOG] Error type 3
[LOG] Error: Activity class {com.jason.gamename/com.jason.gamename.MainActivity} does not exist.
[LOG] Running command: TRACE
[LOG]  - Changing directory: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\android-sdk/android-sdk-windows//platform-tools/
[LOG]  - Running command: adb.exe logcat -c
[LOG]  - Changing directory: C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\android-sdk/android-sdk-windows//platform-tools/
[LOG]  - Running command: adb.exe logcat
[LOG] --------- beginning of /dev/log/system
[LOG] --------- beginning of /dev/log/main
or 2) It shows nothing in the log viewer except a message which says .... "your game could not be built. If nothing shows below, run the game again to see why it failed".
Now I tried re-installing the java sdk, restarting the computer after and re-installing stencyl. I deduced that it may be a memory thing for my phone but after deleting every single app and updates and freeing over 80mb of space out of 181mb. It still wouldn't work.  The reason I thought it may be memory is because I added 10 new actors into my game and they could take up space. So subsequently I deleted all until I had just two of the original ten and the game ran (only took up 31mb of space, the actors take up in total [all ten] 4.3 mb[on my computer]). But any more added actors into the game and it doesn't work.
Please help, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:14:58 am by Jason21745 »

Jason21745

  • Posts: 216
Ok So i'm pretty certain now it's memory that is causing all this trouble. Anyway each character has about 37 frames times 10 = 370 frames. These frames ain't 8-bit pixels either more like 100x100 pixels. So what I need to do is to remove a lot of those animations. Now here's what I've thought and the only reason I am posting this is so others can learn too. To cut down size I need to remove at least 323 frames and since the only reason I have the animations is because it needs a reflective surface (or shimmer across the object) So here's what I'll do. Delete all frames of the 10 actors except for frame 1. create an 11th actor call it "shimmer" add the shimmer animation to the 11th actor and spawn it over the top of the 10 objects when in game. That'll cut the amount of frames down from 370 to just 47. I can then just do the same thing by placing the "shimmer" across the other 9 objects (actors) to achieve the same effect that would have cost me 370 frames. I also will convert any unnecessary .png images into .jpg to decrease size.  Hopefully this will work.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:37:45 am by Jason21745 »

Jason21745

  • Posts: 216
It worked! So anyone experiencing this problem it is likely to be the size of your game :) :D

dareek

  • Posts: 91
Thank you for your explanation of the problem and giving us a solution.
To cut down the size of the game, for much better visual results you may try to optimize pngs and not convert it to jpgs. Converting png to jpg may cause visually noticeable quality downgrade.
Check there: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,32686.msg186607.html#msg186607

Jason21745

  • Posts: 216
Thanks dareek I'll check it out:)