[Android]Highway Dodger - updated

bambucha

Highway Dodger is a fresh fast-paced game, where you have to dodge all cars that rush in your way.
Difficulty in the game increases as you play, making the challenge harder with every car that passes by.
The shop features tons of cars to unlock with coins or by completing achievements.
Can you beat your and your friends high scores? Can you collect all of the cars? Try it out!

Game features:
- The game never stops, survive for as long as you can!
- Extremely easy to pick up, but really hard to master
- Tons of cars to collect
- FREE
- No real money purchases

Screenshots:

Some dev stuff:
This is my first game i made with Stencyl, and I must say I really enjoy using it.
I came up with the idea for the game with some friends and 2 weeks later, Highway Dodger was born. I am really proud of how it looks now. I am not an artist and I never drew anything nice plus it was my first time drawing a game. I had to do around 3 iterations of before making it look alright.
1st version:         Now:    
I hope you agree that it doesn't look "that" bad :P

Currently I am working on Google Play Games integration and Facebook/Twitter/Google+ share buttons.
Anyway I would love some feedback about difficulty and art!

Thank you for taking your time and checking out the game! :)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:48:45 am by bambucha »
Check out my games:
Highway Dodger    Highway Dodger 2     Dev Blog (in the making)

bambucha

I have drastically updated the game:
Refined art, added more animations, added more sound effects, got rid of bugs etc, etc.
The game currently has 205 downloads. I've done no advertising or any similar things. The only thing i've done is posted the game on some facebook groups.
Check out my games:

ahmadoweda

Nice game play, I just suggest to make to buttons only to move the car through lanes, right and left, so if the car is in the left lane and u pressed the right button then it moves to the middle lane, one more press on right button then it moves to the right. a button in each lane makes it very hard

I've 2 questions, what scale mode is your game? scale to fit? fill? full screen?
2nd question, are you able to integrate google play leaderboards and achievements? or what did u mean by google play integration

bambucha

I've thought about moving car only 1 lane at a time. I will have to try your suggestion, to see if i can still get scores of 500+. I also dont know if i should remove the 3 buttons completely and have the car move left/right when you press the left/right half of the screen?

I am using scale to fit i think, i have tried other modes but they dont look as good on cheaper devices (especially the ones that dont have 16:9 aspect ratio).
I want to integrate google play leaderboards and achievements, but i am still working on it (i dont have sufficent knowledge at the moment, becase im still a student... so i am progerssing slowly.)
Check out my games:

bambucha

So the game is now almost a year old and I know that you guys like reports on how games do.
In the first 7 months the game made around 20€ in ads (with around 50 installs on devices, roughly 300 downloads), but after the 7 months the downloads and installs skyrocketed compared to before and hit 250-300 installs, 1.5k downloads  in a month (now i get around 20-30€ of revenue monthly).
I am personally quite satisfied with the result, because this was my very first game and I was quite inexperienced.
Since then I have learned a lot and have made a new version of the game, with which I am very happy. (forum link)
Check out my games:

rob1221

That's interesting.  Any idea what caused the jump?

bambucha

I have thought of that, but the only explanation is that google play changed its search algorithm, since before even if you typed the name of the game in the search box, it would be around 20th hit, while now its 1st. I cannot think of any other explanation.
Check out my games: