Game #2 - Candy Maker (Android/google play)

zohaibhisam

Hi everyone. My second game just went live on Google play. Its called candy maker, its a minigame for Kids, but has a lot of good art and sound production value in it. Must check for people new to stencyl, speaks a lot on its power as an effective engine for media intensive games.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clanstory.candymaker

Its basically a candy making/sharing game with a  judges rating system. feedback appreciated!
Games (Droid)

Neotron

Hi zohaibhisam,
I checked your new candy game, and I have to say you did a great work again. Interface looks so professional!
Gameplay is exciting with this judge system. Memory management is perfect. I tested on my 512MB mobile as well and loads well, no freeze at all.  Btw with my 2x1ghz cpu mobile loading time a bit much, maybe a loading screen would be great.
A lot of content and nice animations. I would have never told that this game made with Stencyl. So amazing!
Congratulations and keep up the good work!:)

zohaibhisam

thanks neo. the load time is because of the sound loads. i put them in a separate atlas to make sure they loaded after the company splash screen, but since i compiled it with 3.0 i didnt have honor sound atlases. wont happen next game onwards as im moving to 3.1 now (3.1 was released during dev and i didnt want to move midway).

thanks to all the people who made it possible, esp. the guys who made stencyl/plugin teams.
Games (Droid)

zohaibhisam

just hit 1000 dls in 8 days - TY stencyl. ratings appreciated!
Games (Droid)

Beever

i like the graphics very much, did you do them by your own?

zohaibhisam

its a mix of stuff, paid images and some freeware. a couple of artists helped me with the icon and characters. i dont draw anything myself. Art is the weakest part of my games, i'm no artist. would recommend shutterstock/123rf for people who can afford to buy art, and freesound for audio.

for free art sources theres allfreevectors.com and many others. would love to work with a professional image artist/VO  artist if there's one around.

z
Games (Droid)