Gloopy 1500 downloads in 2 days (iOS)

dale527

My new game Gloopy now available on the app store.

Aim of the game is to help Gloopy get to the other side of the screen safely by solving puzzles by rearranging boxes!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gloopy/id891933772?ls=1&mt=8

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:18:14 am by dale527 »

colburt187

Really nice game here Dale, I really like the atmosphere with the sounds, silhouette tiles and  the background. The moveable blocks are fine but sort of look like place marker graphics. I think you could make them more pleasing to the eye, maybe a frosted glass feel to them, pastel colours like the sky in the background.

the levels were fun and getting challenging with a good tutorial. However 1 major flaw is the lack of a level select or save option. This is not the Superhexagon type game that you pick up and play to beat a time/score, so you don't want to be starting from the beginning on each turn. There is no reason why i would ever want to play the basic tutorial levels ever again. So sadly that kills the game for me, i got to maybe Level 15 when i had to quit and I'm not going to work my way back through all the levels just to pick up where i left off.

I didn't see any ads or IAP, is that something you plan on adding later or did you just make this for fun?

dale527

Hi Colburt thanks a lot for trying the game and the feedback.

Yes the save option will be included via an update, cant believe I forgot to include it!

Having always gone over the top on graphics in earlier games I was trying to go for a very simplified clean look with this game,  I was tempted to add some kind of texture to the blocks but decided not too. But maybe I will have another look and also include textures with the update as I can definitely see what you mean.

iAds is enabled but for some reason they are not showing up on the live version (I have completed all the tax forms etc), though I have read that it can take a few days for them to actually start showing up...I hope! I have emailed apple about the issue just incase it is technical.

dale527

Textures to blocks now added ready for update, and they definitely do look better than the plain blocks.

sandsoftimer

where is your level selecting.... option ? Good game but may be this is incomplete, Right?
iOS ->          

Android ->
iOS -> Bubble Tapping
 Android -> Bubble Tapping

colburt187

Look forward to the update Dale,

Maybe one other slight adjustment, I like the music in the game, nice and chilled and great for this sort of puzzle game but the splatter noise when the level number melts is quite loud and jarring, I had headphones on when playing and I put the volume up as the music was nice, but that sound at the beginning of each level was uncomfortable. Maybe soften it up or use a different SFX.

dale527

Thanks again Colburt, the new update is already up for review which includes saving etc and new textures. I will look into the volume of the splatter noise though with the next update, never thought to try the game with headphones so a good tip for future.

The game managed to get 500 downloads within the first 24 hours, so that pretty cool.

ferdik

Nice looking game Dale.  I will definitely download.  500 downloads is real great in the first 24 Hours. Congrats
Sawscape iOS | Android
That's My Spot (iOS) Free
Twipe (iOS) Free
Floppy Fish (iOS) -  Free
Ninja Chain Reaction (iOS) - Free

dale527

So far had 1500 downloads, this being my first app I have no clue if this is a good number or the norm.

dale527

Thanks a lot ferdik!

colburt187

Sounds like I good start but I don't really know about numbers on iOS either, did iAds start working yet, hope your not missing out on revenue.

rob1221

1500 downloads in 2 days is unusually large if you didn't do much marketing.

dale527

Yep still no iAds which is pretty frustrating, no reply of Apple yet so just gotta be patient I guess.

1500 downloads in 2 days is unusually large if you didn't do much marketing.

The only marketing I really did was spam everyone I know to download it.

henson802

That's still really impressive.. I think most I ever got new release, with FB advertising was like 75 in one day then quickly dwindled to about 5-10 .. then after 1 week .. maybe 1-5 downloads a day (free).

Congrats and good luck.  iADS typically takes 3-7 days to load

dale527

Thanks Henson. Well I guess it must just be some kind of fluke or something, be interesting to see how it does over the next few weeks and if the numbers slowly or rapidly dwindle.  The iAds tip takes a weight of my mind also so cheers for that!