Soccer Ball Juggle - Major Update Released - Feedback Please

id8games

Version 2 (two) of [Soccer Ball Juggle] went live on AppStore and GooglePlay.
Major improvements including all new graphic assets, the ability to collect whistles and use these to unlock new soccer balls and jerseys from teams all over the world.

Would love some feedback.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 01:09:29 am by id8games »

behdad

hi.i tested your game on three different device with different screen size and it scales to fit beautifully on all of them.wich method do you use?

id8games

Hi Behad,

I set all my games to "Scale to Fit (Full Screen)" under Scale Mode. I find this works best for me.
The game is set to 320 x 480 pixels, then for each scene I create the background to be 3 tile widths bigger all around (this covers most screen sizes and proportions)

I finally use the "Centre Camera" behaviour for all my scenes. This behaviour can be found on Stencylforge.

All the best.

behdad

The game is set to 320 x 480 pixels, then for each scene I create the background to be 3 tile widths bigger all around (this covers most screen sizes and proportions)

thank you for your answer sir.but i didn't catch this section? "3" tile width bigger all around?tiles with which size(32 *32?)?what is your meaning of all around(3 tile above+ 3 tile bottom+ 3 tile left + 3 tile right?)? can you say me the size of background you have used instead of tile width you have used?please tell me more!
and finally i did't find centre camera behavior in stencyl forge?

id8games

Yes, tiles = 32 x 32.
yes, 3 tiles above+, 3 tiles below+, 3 tiles left+, 3 tiles right.
if creating a game in portrait mode, then width of background = 512, height = 672.
when i create my backgrounds i create an image which is 4x the above sizes. so you get (512x4), (672x4) = 2048 x 2688
hope that helps. See  attached screenshot of my usual scene settings. the bottom right corner shows the scene behaviour for Centre Camera.

behdad

Yes, tiles = 32 x 32.
yes, 3 tiles above+, 3 tiles below+, 3 tiles left+, 3 tiles right.
if creating a game in portrait mode, then width of background = 512, height = 672.
when i create my backgrounds i create an image which is 4x the above sizes. so you get (512x4), (672x4) = 2048 x 2688
hope that helps. See  attached screenshot of my usual scene settings. the bottom right corner shows the scene behaviour for Centre Camera.
thank you for your reply sir.my last question is , you set game screen size in main setting to 480*320(first  you are going to make a blank project ...)but make scene sizes (when you creates scenes in dashboard)  in 672*512?why don't you set game screen size in 672*512 at first(when you are going to make a blanck project)?