testing and publishing on android. (resolved)

duke22122

If i test my game on flash or web browser it tests and plays fine. But if I try to test it on the android test it fails and says "your game could not be built. if nothing shows below, run the game again to see why it failed."  i run it again and it just keeps saying this? so i`m guessing this is the same reason I can't publish to the android marketplace.

Anyone know how to solve this?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:03:17 am by duke22122 »

duke22122

Bump... anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I am really stuck.

MrWagoner

Can you post the build logfile from the logviewer? It should show an error that came up during the build that should give a hint what the problem might be.

Check out my newest game: Blowy Fish!

duke22122

Log is attached

sdieters

can you simply clear your log viewer, try to run your game and when the error comes up, copy and paste the log viewer for a more specific error.
My new profile is TheIndieStation.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

MrWagoner

The latest error I see in the logs is this:

Class not found: javac1.8

I think this means that there is an issue with the installed java version on your computer.  Can you open Debug -> Android -> Install Java SDK from the Stencyl menu and install THE EXACT VERSION that is listed there (Java SE Runtime Environment 6u31) The Oracle Sie will try to redirect you to a newer version, from what I know you need exactly 6u31 to build the games for Android.

Here is another thread that deals with this problem:

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?topic=30256.0

Check out my newest game: Blowy Fish!

sdieters

In that case i would like you to take a look at my channel (link in my signature) and look for the video called "setup your android device" to learn about installing the correct java and usb drivers.
When you see a recent post with this name, i'm probably using my phone. So dont mind any typo's =p

duke22122

deleted my current version of java and downloaded Java SE Runtime Environment 6u31 and it worked!

Thanks!

duke22122

I made my game size 320x480 the recommend size for phone games. When I test it on my android it isn't full screen. There is black space on the top and bottom and a little on the sides. Is this normal? will it be full screen if I publish to android?

sdieters

you need to set your scaling in the game project's properties

duke22122

Thank you! fixed it

sdieters

your welcome =)