Loony Box

JensWinterstein

Greetings,

I wanted to showcase the first game I made with this awesome software called Stencyl:

Please consider mailing any bugs to info@codinsoft.de.
Looking forward to an iStencyl version :)

Thanks
Jens
Get 100 Chambers for Android / iOS
Get Cubus Velox for Android / iOS or play it on Flash

- Portfolio

Rob

This game is very well made. I like a lot of the physics that I've not seen in other similar type of games. In some of the stages, it would be better to use one's finger (a la ios) instead of a mouse pointer. Small nitpick, it would be nice to use all others characters with another color (instead of yellow) so that I can focus on getting the loony to it's goal.

I also like the save feature so that I can come back and finish the game. Currently still below 10.
GOLDEN RULE #1 : SAVE YOUR GAMES FREQUENTLY
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/xcode-ios-troubleshoot/
WATCH STENCYLWORKS VIDEO TUTORIAL BY SUNRISEKINGDOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfRfjzr9j4&feature=channel_video_title

KungFuFurby

Nice game! I'm up to 23. ^_^
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

chaosoul

Nice game! I'm up to 23. ^_^
Aww man I'm only on 20. Also something I find is the level restarts if the yellow block that pushes the main guy (also a yellow guy) dies which I find annoying as sometimes the main guy gets in already but the pushing block just happens to fall first.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Sunflower

Great game! I especially like the creativity in different block types, which makes it much better than typical "Drop Box" based game.

The main issue is that this game seems to be designed specifically for iOS. Not that there's anything wrong with that per se, but there are levels where multitouch would make things way easier, while completing it with mouse is much more difficult. So far I've managed to get quite far, but currently I'm stuck on level 30 where multitouch is *necessary* to complete this.
I don't know, maybe replace these multitouch-oriented levels with some other puzzles, so PC players will be able to complete that, too? O.o

KungFuFurby

Nope. For Level 30, multitouch does not appear to be necessary to me (then again, I have the benefit of slowdown), but it's still challenging. I actually beat the game, by the way. ^_^
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

JensWinterstein

Hey stencylers,

thanks for the nice feedback so far, I'm glad that you like it. Actually the game was designed for Touch- AND MouseInput... but I admit that it's easier on a TouchDevice. So, Map30 on PC/Mac is for jedis and ninjas only :D

I also found some little flaws with the physics engine. It doesn't behave 100% the same in some special situations. However, I'm gonna work on the iOS part and the remaining bugs :)

Cheers
Jens

- Portfolio

JensWinterstein

Some time has passed and finally there's a little update available for the game, including:

- 10 new levels
- 2 new boxtypes
- Mochi-Ads
- AppStore links (the game was ported to iOS with iStencyl)
- Boxes can be activated/destroyed by dragging into them while holding down the LMB
- Several minor fixes

Also, KungFuFurby created a nice song for the new endscreen :) Thanks dude.
Check out the update here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/7102

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:42:25 pm by JensWinterstein »

- Portfolio