Google / admob; still putting the screws to us...

tapdroid

Short and sweet.

I thought I'd go ahead and test Google/admob Promote option. I set a budget for a whopping $10.00
and clicked GO.

I went to bed at 11:00 pm, got up and checked my stats at 8:00 am.
google says I had 276,046 Impressions, 980 Clicks, and the cost to me for the exposure is

$88.73...! . ! . ..

First off, I SET THE BUDGET @ $10.00. and out of 980 clicks (witch are downloads,  of my game,  Swimmy Jellyfish 2 by TapDroid.com} google says out of 980 clicks there are 25 installs....
and of course, I see google did away any kind of one on one support so as to avoid us pitching a bitch.

Also, I placed a new site on the net witch contains google adds.  in 3 days time My site stats count well over 3000 Unique visits while googlE claims there were only 202.

Seems to me gOOgle is saying "take what we give you and like it, or take your business elsewhere.

rob1221

Yikes, over $3 per install.  An ad network based on installs would be safer and cheaper.

Also, I placed a new site on the net witch contains google adds.  in 3 days time My site stats count well over 3000 Unique visits while googlE claims there were only 202.
The ads could have been blocked by the users, although 93% Adblock users seems high.

Callan S

I'd check the fine print on that limit - that's simply fraud, as you describe it.

But 950 views/25 installs seems reasonably good. Think of how many commercials on TV you watch that you don't buy the product for.

tapdroid

Not 980    views    980  CLICKS,   (witch are downloads,  of my game ) 

276,046 views...

Look at this crap...

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:49:47 pm by tapdroid »

tapdroid

I can't believe this. now they say " nope, all those clicks never happened, and all those people that viewed your ads, didn't really see your ads.

rob1221

Your cost says $10.50 now though, so did they fix their mistake?

tapdroid

Almost. I ran two ads, so now I owe only $22.00. How can a server, keeping track of ad displays and clicks make a mistake like this? Are we to  believe the server is more like a Timex or Casio  calculator and millions of people are assigned to watch millions of accounts to see that the Harvard graduate programers have not place a 1 where a 0 should be?

Look at this one.

Word of warning. You may want to think about an alternative to Google Admob.

Callan S

I wonder if they include where the person doesn't stay on the page for very long, so the ad doesn't load up or maybe even if it loads briefly that doesn't count somehow?  I've noticed differences between, say, the info on blogger statistics and on adsense.

Beever

Hello
What would you recomand to use as Add?

Admob or other?

TwistedIdentity

This is the exact reason why I never used Admob for advertising my game..
My Critter Android http://bit.ly/1gJyUs4
TI's FB Page: http://on.fb.me/1ijla4Y
Deadly Space Boss Arena 2: http://goo.gl/KIuowG

Follow me on Twitter: @jettas88

NOTA

Determination: From googleplay-developer-support@google.com
11:37 PM (6 hours ago)
Hi,

Thanks for contacting the Google Play Team.After reviewing your appeal, we’ve confirmed our initial decision and will not be reinstating your developer account.Your Google Play Developer account has been terminated due to multiple policy violations:

com.TapDroid.ezbzpoozy - IP infringement
com.tapdroid.com.draftduel - IP infringement
com.tapdroid.deesnuts - Sexual content

You may review these resources for more information:Content Policy:
https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.htmlDeveloper Distribution Agreement:
https://play.google.com/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html

Note that Google Play Developer Console terminations are associated with developers, and may span multiple account registrations and related Google services. Do not attempt to register a new developer account. Any new accounts will be closed and your developer registration fee will not be refunded.

We recommend that you use an alternative method for distributing your apps in the future.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Alexa
The Google Play Team

On 10/29/15 22:24:55 musicianscollide@gmail.com wrote:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapdroid.deesnuts

Second letter to googleplay-developer-support@google.com

Your assessment is incorrect. It is as if your new 15 year old employees hired directly off the street are either making assumptions based on game title alone, or someone is attempting humor by stating that a squirrel collecting acorns is sexually explicit. Case in point. The email I received from googleplay-developer-support@google.com states: "com.tapdroid.deesnuts - Sexual content." Obviously, if anyone examined the game, you would find this to be false. A squirrel collecting acorns is sexually explicit. If you believe a squirrel collecting acorns is sexually explicit, you might want to consider seeking a psychiatric professional. The Google Dev. termination email also states: "com.tapdroid.com.draftduel - IP infringement." Once again, I point out that I am an affiliate and have written consent from said company to display their name and advertisements; I believe Google is familiar with sales tactics. (Affiliate ID available upon request) The first game I tried my hand at was titled EZBZ Poozy. In this game the player would touch the appropriate cloud in order to drop the falling diaper onto the head of Bustin Jieber. I can see that was pulled from Google play. That game was on Google Play for approx. 1 & 1/2 years. I wish to refer you to Flappy Bieber, Flying Bieber, Flappy Selfie, Flappy Yeet Bieber, Bieber Bird, Flying Bieber Ajju, Exploding Bieber, and the countless others that still exist on Google Play. FYI, This is not my first BS session with Google. I am fairly new in regards Google Play Dev. from Mar. 7, 2014 to Oct. 30, 2015 my earnings totaled a modest $27.22. However, that total does grow at an exponential of approx $2.00 per month totaling ruffly $43,980..46 over the next 20 years. Less than a drop in the bucket for Google, but when feeding my kids, it comes in handy. A case could be made for all those who have been singled out. Actually, several cases have been made, and won. Bottom line, WTF?

Warzone Gamez

Dude, a squirrel collecting acorns is defiantly sexually explicit. That is the most grotesque sexual theme anybody can make a game out of, you are such a pervert.  :P
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

ceosol

I feel bad for you and agree with you that Google is overreacting. However, your email looked very unprofessional. I think you need to use a bit more tact when dealing with big companies, especially when you want something out of them.

NOTA

I feel bad for you and agree with you that Google is overreacting. However, your email looked very unprofessional. I think you need to use a bit more tact when dealing with big companies, especially when you want something out of them.
First, I wrote that in haste, as I was attempting to write while my child was jumping in my lap...
Second, You mean with the same tact and professionalism from the good people of Google Play?

NOTA

Dude, a squirrel collecting acorns is defiantly sexually explicit. That is the most grotesque sexual theme anybody can make a game out of, you are such a pervert.  :P
OK, even as comical as that is, it's just wroNg...