How do I see the Atlas...if I only have the main atlas

Blacksmith

I'm not sure if this is a bug but Settings:Atlases would not let me see what my Main Atlas looked like.

I could choose among four Atlases (Main Atlas, Atlas 2, Atlas 3, and Atlas 4). Each one showed the ID, Name, Load initially option, and nothing else.

I presume I haven't loaded beyond the main atlas. But I'd still like to see it.

Justin

Not sure what exactly you're asking for. If you want to see what resources are in each atlas, download the latest version, lots of work has been done on atlases.

The atlas doesn't actually "look like" anything, because the graphics aren't combined onto a single image. It used to be that way (before NME/OpenFL), but now atlases are just groups of resources that are loaded/unloaded together.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Blacksmith

Justin, thanks for the quick reply. I'm running v3.0 7305.

I was confused because in the past you could "see" the graphics in the atlas packed into one image.
Also in the Atlas help page, http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/86, one of the images includes the text: "Preview Atlas." Must be old then.

My question should now be rephrased as, how to we most efficiently program the use of the atlases if we can't "see" how many resources are "inside" them. (i.e. at what point should I actually care about atlases, and once I do, how do I best allocate resources to each one.)

Justin

Yeah, it used to be that way, so the reference images on Stencylpedia are a little old. And again, if you want to see what resources are in each atlas and better manage everything, I would suggest downloading the latest version.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)