Stencyl Subscription

Nesteris

This is pretty important information that I feel I need to know, so if anyone could tell me I'd be very grateful;

When you make a game, and buy a Stencyl license (either indie or studio) to publish a game to Desktop, do you then have to keep renewing your subscription every year for as long as you sell the game or just the one time/year you published it?

Justin

You just need the subscription to initially publish. No need to renew.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Photon

That being said, if you need to "re-publish" the game such as to update it, that would probably require you to renew if necessary.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

doctorfox

Why is it such a pain to renew a Stencyl license?
I think the makers of this tools are good techies but terrible business people.
I sent a sales inquiry and the say I may have to wait a few business days to get a response - in this day and age!
Also, they need to manually verify each purchase - like really!
After using the Studio license for 1 year I can't publish an update to my game because the makers of the IDE are superheroes in a space station that require special communication in order to respond to a request.

I wouldn't have felt disappointed if this was a totally free tool, but if people are paying you need to at least respond.

Stevetheipad

Why is it such a pain to renew a Stencyl license?
I think the makers of this tools are good techies but terrible business people.
I sent a sales inquiry and the say I may have to wait a few business days to get a response - in this day and age!
Also, they need to manually verify each purchase - like really!
After using the Studio license for 1 year I can't publish an update to my game because the makers of the IDE are superheroes in a space station that require special communication in order to respond to a request.

I wouldn't have felt disappointed if this was a totally free tool, but if people are paying you need to at least respond.
The people in charge of dealing with payments are very busy but are doing their best. I can't speak on behalf of them or in this specific situation but I know that they do their best and so you've just got to be patient. If the subscription is urgent, you may want to purchase it a day or two before you need it.

doctorfox

The people in charge of dealing with payments are very busy but are doing their best. I can't speak on behalf of them or in this specific situation but I know that they do their best and so you've just got to be patient. If the subscription is urgent, you may want to purchase it a day or two before you need it.

I run services myself and I can understand how busy things get.
What I would never do for certain is leave a customer in Limbo.
No clue about what's going on. The only response was an automatically generated email from an invalid email address (noreply@stencyl missing TLD).
Now I have just been billed $1