[Extension] TODOs

Jon

Developer: Alexin

Description: A simple TODO list extension for games.

Use this topic to discuss this extension, report bugs and make suggestions.

Nexys

This is really helpful to have within the SW environment itself - thanks so much for adding it! I'm actually pretty excited about (hopefully) seeing this grow into a more robust productivity aid.

Just one bug so far: the extension wouldn't open at all immediately after I downloaded it. I re-started SW, and that seemed to fix it. I'm using the windows version of SW.

A couple suggestions:

1. The TODO window is always on top of the main SW window, making it sort of awkward to switch between the two. It would be nice if the TODO window moved to the back when it lost focus.

2. This is sort of minor - the "Details" text box requires me to put in manual line breaks, or else I end up with everything on one line. Wrapping the text to the available space might make it a little easier to work with. I can imagine situations where you might want to maintain the formatting of the text, though, so maybe each entry could have a check box for enabling/disabling text wrap.

Anyway, thanks again!

Alexin

Just one bug so far: the extension wouldn't open at all immediately after I downloaded it. I re-started SW, and that seemed to fix it. I'm using the windows version of SW.
I just tried and didn't run into any problem. Did you try to execute the extension with no game open? It shows a message telling you to open one first. Perhaps you mistook it by an error message.

Thank you for the feedback.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Nexys

I just tried and didn't run into any problem. Did you try to execute the extension with no game open? It shows a message telling you to open one first. Perhaps you mistook it by an error message.

Yeah, I got the "no game loaded" message, then I loaded a game, and it wouldn't do anything for me until I restarted. If you're not able to reproduce it, then it may just be some oddity with my particular system.  In any event, it works now, so I'm happy!

Alexin

Post the logs here (Debug > Generate Logs) and tell when the day it happened, please.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

darknightisme

I believe in Jesus, if you too, please put this in your signature
---------------------------
Meow

Alexin

Download the extension.
Open a game.
Open the menu Extensions.
Click TODOs.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

xmagicx60

^

Nothing happens here.. im on linux.

Alexin

"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

xmagicx60

Fixed, you should mention that you have to kill all java processes before trying to open it, closing Stencyl and restarting didn't work until I closed Minecraft.

Alexin

[...] you have to kill all java processes before trying to open it [...] restarting didn't work until I closed Minecraft.
? ? ? ?
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

xmagicx60

You know, shutdown any active java apps and restart Stencyl.

Alexin

I clearly understand that, I just can't imagine why such measures are required to run the extension.

I haven't tested it on L-I-N-U-X (Gates, forgive this blasphemy).
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

coleislazy

Greg, you are my hero!

xmagicx60

I clearly understand that, I just can't imagine why such measures are required to run the extension.

Idk, It might've just been that java didn't shutdown properly when I closed Stencyl, so killing the main process did it.

EDIT: yep, I removed it and re-installed, and all it requires is to restart stencyl.