[I tried, now I'm requesting.] Twitter extension

Max Finch

Hey all.

So I found an openfl extension called HypTwitter.

I tried to create the extension myself and didn't get too far. Basically I don't know what to put in the main .hx file. I created a block, put in the neccessary files, etc.

Anyways, I just guess this is out of my league. Doesn't look too hard to make though.

https://github.com/hyperfiction/HypTwitter

I'm willing to pay for this to be made. Not much since I'm not rich, but I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:56:13 pm by Max Glockling Games »

Max Finch

Anyone?

I'd be willing to help or do most of it, I just need to be pointed in the right direction mostly. There's a lot of folders full of code in this.

GeorgeN

What is this? For posting Twitter tweets?

Max Finch

Yeah, it's for posting to twitter using the devices built in twitter function.

I know there are behaviors but I'm trying not to have my user leave the app to login to twitter on safari and then post when there's a much simpler way of doing it without having to resign in. If you know what I mean?

GeorgeN

Yeah, yeah. I will take a look into it but on monday.

Max Finch

Sounds good, thanks.

Max Finch

@GeorgeN

Is there any chance this could be made into a Stencyl extension?

I could for sure help if it can. I'm good at coding and I've made some practice extensions before, I can't do this one by myself though because I started coding about two months ago, so I'll need help.

GeorgeN

I've tried. I get a lot of errors on it. I solved some like migrating hashes to maps but there are still many of them. Maybe you can ask the author to fix the library to work on OpenFl because at the moment is for NME.

Max Finch

Sent a tweet to the author and it doesn't look like he wants too. Oh well I guess, back to the drawing board.

Max Finch

Continued to look around and came across this: http://labe.me/en/blog/posts/2013-06-24-OpenFL-extension-2.html#.VAPOUGRdVwQ

Which has this in github: https://github.com/labe-me/openfl-extension-example

I'm pretty sure it's also in nme but it's a hell of a lot simpler and you might have better luck with it. I tried working with it but got some xml errors in the logs.. I've attached my failed attempt below.

Max Finch

For some reason I can't create the necessary files in the ndll folder? I don't know why. But I believe I've made a working extension because the only error I get is that I'm missing the files in the ndll folder. If someone would like to take a look please do.

Max Finch

If someone could help me that would be nice.

I'm just trying to use the Social.framework and I think I've gotten close since the game builds but the game freezes after the build so there's still something wrong...

rob1221

Third-party frameworks are not supported on iOS yet.

Max Finch

Seriously? That actually really sucks...

Guess I'm going to have to wait for Jon to make native sharing built into Stencyl or wait for frameworks to be supported.

This just became a massive waste of time.