Battleground Legends

Blobzone

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Blobzone/battleground-legends

It is basically a text based battle simulation. You contribute attribute points, then choose your battle gear and then the automated fightining begins. Unlock new Tiers and fight again.

Blobzone

Yay, seems like im on the featured Games and Popular Games Section now
on Newgrounds.

Beaumint

I like the game, the UI is really streamlined well and causes no confusion.

A critique would be the actual battles... as a player I want some kind of feedback as to what's going on...  the text saying "You duel a dark knight" etc is nice but I feel like I want something a little bit more,  but I'm not sure what it is.

Also, slowing down combat when you're getting low health might be helpful, or at least drag on the screen a second when health is nearing 0 or at 0, it seemed so abrupt when I died.

Blobzone

I get what you are saying. There could have been way more content, that is for sure. But somehow i wanted it that way. In the end i lost motivation, but thought that i should finish that game, since i seldom abandon games, and did more than i wanted to (and less than i wanted to accomplish when i had the idea :) )

Thx for your feedback, a lot of comments on Newgrounds and Kongregate gave me actually some neat ideas for the next part. But for now i am working on a different game first.

About the Combat, well, i guess i always lose focus on how it appears to be for the player, since i know all formulas etc for the fighting. Hmmm well

I think its slowly frozen on Kongregate now with 6k views, but since its still front-paged on Newgrounds it already reached 13k views.

Beaumint

Congratulations! That's great news!

Crazy to think that 19,000 played your game already isn't it?
The internet is such a great tool, great time to be a game developer, haha.

Best of luck on your new venture!