Soul TD (Paused In-Progress Game)

Beaumint

Hello all!

My name is Beaumint and this is my first Stencyl game.

I have a little background in graphics and coding so I decided I wanted to take my hand at creating my own game.  After kinda roughing through the code I was able to create the alpha version of Soul TD.
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/20253

About halfway through the creation of the game I started noticing it to slow down more and more and more.  Reading up on Stencyl 3.1 (was using 2.2) I decided to upgrade and give it a shot.  It semi broke the game but more than that I realized that a lot of my code created at the beginning was not optimal and semi unnecessary at parts. 

So instead I've decided to take a Stencyl course on Udemy that's focused on Stencyl 3.1 as well as start fresh on my game, creating a new version at a larger screen size and more optimal in code throughout. 

I spent quite a few months on this game, though, and wanted to share it with all of you and maybe get some feedback for an alpha prototype.  Let me know what you think!  I can't wait to show you guys my finished product down the line!

-Beaumint

legodude2222

I like the concept, but I think making a base before making a tower is kind of redundant and a time waster. The music is very good, but I think that the voice telling you not enough funds is very annoying, and should just be replaced with a small error sound and a display telling you what you are missing.
Making games, one error at a time.

Beaumint

Thanks for your feedback!

The reason the base was implemented was because there were so many choices for tower placement and having invisible actors in all of those places waiting ended up causing the game to run at like 2 fps. 

Instead now it's deciding where on the screen you clicked and creating a simple base there.  In the new version I have an idea to simplify the process and skip the base placement.

As for the sounds I agree, they are annoying and I plan to have indicators showing what you're lacking.

Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it.