Log viewer simple changes?

SadiQ

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that the log viewer window is bigger than the screen on a laptop? That makes scaling it impossible since it's borders go below the windows taskbar.
Having the log window remember the size and positions would be really nice as well.
An Always on top option for it would be nice to have as Stencyl gets on top of it every time you try to test a game.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

MrWagoner

Which screen resolution are you running? The log viewer window defaults to 1024 x 768 to me, which still should fit on your laptop screen unless you use a quite low resolution. You can still resize the window by right-clicking the task and select "Change Size" and then use the arrow keys or mouse to resize the window.

Having the log window remember the size and positions would be really nice as well.
An Always on top option for it would be nice to have as Stencyl gets on top of it every time you try to test a game.

I agree, that can be very annoying if you testing your game again and again.

Check out my newest game: Blowy Fish!

SadiQ

My screen resolution is 1366x768, so the only part that remains hidden is the bottom part. I know I can resize it the way you mentioned it, but it's still annoying. Remembering the window position would solve the problem.

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

captaincomic

The log viewer defaults to 800x600 and remembers its size now.

SadiQ

Thanks captaincomic. Always on top was also added?

captaincomic

No, isn't that possible from within Windows somehow? (In Linux/Xfce can just right-click any window in the task bar and choose Always On Top :P)

SadiQ

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that in windows :(

Abliblablobla

+1 to always on top for both Windows and Mac. I would also suggest to add a "Generate Logs" button to the log viewer just like the one in the previous log viewer.
.: BuruBuru :.

MrWagoner

Thanks captaincomic, I can now set it up in such way that the game comes up for testing and I can easily see the log on the side without having to click around like a maniac!  8) And thanks to SadiQ for bringing this up!

Check out my newest game: Blowy Fish!