Breakout / Outbreak

MrD69

Breakout / Outbreak

Breakout is an arcade style brick breaking game with a modern twist. Using motion to control a paddle that moves across the screen; it provides a new way to play. With sharp graphics, and challenging gameplay; it is sure to keep the whole family entertained.

Get the Game

- App Store
- Google Play

Screenshots

What's New

Version 1.10
- Upgraded loading times.
- Fixed crashing on Android devices running lower end hardware.
Version 1.01
- Added a motion control button in the Options menu.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:09:31 pm by MrD69 »
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop

henson802

The BG is horrendous, makes my head want to explode and quit asap.

I think adding a gradient mask fade to the BG so it's not quite as intense would help imo. 

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:37:36 am by henson802 »

MrD69

Why is it so bad? You can't just make a retard comment like that without even giving a reason. You need to explain yourself.

imagine gaming

Why is it so bad? You can't just make a retard comment like that without even giving a reason. You need to explain yourself.

The reason why  it's "so bad" is because it makes their head want to explode and quit playing the game as soon as possible. They gave you a reason to why it's bad,  it hurts their head.  Maybe you should ask what about the background makes their head hurt, and go from there.

henson802

The reason why  it's "so bad" is because it makes their head want to explode and quit playing the game as soon as possible. They gave you a reason to why it's bad,  it hurts their head.  Maybe you should ask what about the background makes their head hurt, and go from there.

Thank you.  Does it really need explaining?  It's just not an appalling background.  Cluttered mess with misc. shapes and colors.  No rhyme or reason to it.  Makes everything hard to look at.  But if that's what you want, then so be it.  Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

colburt187

I didn't really enjoy the experience I'm afraid, the paddle moves far to slowly, its like driving a steam boat through a slalom course, its pretty much impossible not to lose a life on the first turn when the bricks are right above you. Why did you not make it portrait? would give you much more room to play with.

Since you are using tilt to move the paddle then the cluttered background isn't the best idea, I actually did feel a bit sea sick and couldn't focus on the screen as it was all moving.

Also little touches like sounds when pressing buttons is always nice. I like breakout style games, spent a lot of time of Breakfinity on my phone, switch to portrait, speed up the paddle, clean up the background and ill give it another chance.

henson802

And possibly make the graphics smaller so you have more room, and as Colburt said, portrait would be best for this type of game - especially since you are moving the device back and forth.

MrD69

Well first of all; the paddle moves slowly because you are on level 1. Did you even bother trying past level 1? Level 10 is very brutal by the way. The background is the way it is to make it more difficult. It not supposed to be easy. Also, there is not enough games experimenting with Landscape mode, so I figured on giving it a go.

colburt187

But the paddle moving slowly makes it harder? So having that on level one may not be the best idea, Once you hit the screen to start, if you are not already moving in the direction of the ball then you are going to lose a life, the bricks are just too close, if you want to stay landscape then try making the bricks smaller.

Im giving you customer feedback and your asking if I even bothered getting past level1? you should be listening to why I didn't feel like continuing?

I did get past level 1 however, it does feel better when the paddle speed is increased but I didn't know that would happen so my level 1 experience could easily have put me of every playing the game again.

My advice would be to keep the paddle speed a constant, level 5 speed or above, then keep adjusting the ball speed to increase the difficulty.

I think the graphics in general could be improved, the paddle and the blocks are not very pleasing on the eye, the shinny effect looks a bit tacky. Maybe a more minimalist approach would look better, I actually prefer the background to the paddle and blocks.

MrD69

Well thank you for your feedback. It helps now that some specific points are coming out. I have no intended update for this game, as it is very simple and I have moved on to making other games. I will however take some of your points into consideration for developing future games. Thank you for your response.