Game Art Suggestions & Feedback [Updated art style]

SadiQ

@Pyxelbit: Is there a specific reason why the tail is not in it's place? :P
I still love it thou (except for the tail).
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

pyxelbit

there is a specific reason. but herbert does not like talking about it. (maybe something to do with drug abuse when he was young)

Max Finch

ikomnen

Hey dont give up on pixel art,you are doing ok,i just wanted to say to try adding some ears and nose on that sheep,but dont see why you shouldnt go with it.

Max Finch

Because when its scaled down it looks like shit. I'm not an artist, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Photon

I'm not an artist, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Really now? You could've fooled me. :P
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Max Finch

*I'm not a good artist.

I think I might switch gears and go vector. I'm more comfortable there. But I'll miss how easy it is to make pixel art universal.

Photon

Well, your vector art is pretty great all the same, so don't sell yourself too short. There's a reason I came after you for that one Ludum Dare competition.  8)
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

Max Finch

Well, your vector art is pretty great all the same, so don't sell yourself too short. There's a reason I came after you for that one Ludum Dare competition.  8)
Ok, now that art admittedly was shit lol! So much pressure.

But some of my vector art work can be good. Like I said, I might just experiment.

Max Finch

I know I said "No more Mr. Tart" but my family and friends keep asking me "Now that you're making games for cellphones can you make a Mr Tart game for us?"

So I'm experimenting with some art and came up with this promo featuring the characters and other art styles. This game is going to be very different from the original series because it has to be tailored to the mobile platform. But so far I'm really loving this idea and honestly, I love Mr. Tart so much that I just couldn't resist. (Takes a bite from a poptart for snack)

Photon

Cool beans! I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Max Finch

Im already having so much fun with it and family/friends are already excited. I'm excited ;)