A Second Leap of Faith!

KungFuFurby

They're quite large to begin with, which explains that.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Chrisis1993

Just played it, and here are some bugs I found (v49) :):
-Level 11 goal doesn't work, because it's the last level atm right?
-Restart or leaving level doesn't stop the shaking if you were using a platform.
-Menu, Restart and Options request window can stack, and doesn't follow screen.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:29:08 am by Chrisis1993 »
▼IS AWESOME!!▼

Jon

Argh, someone took the game so blatantly. Since I'm not the creator, I can't actually ask for it to be taken down.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/musa19965/a-second-leap-of-faith

Hectate

The same user also uploaded "Tanks" and "Goldmans Adventure". Is this really what I'm seeing? Bleh
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

KungFuFurby

I flagged said game, as well as Goldman's Adventure. I also posted comments on both of them letting him know he uploaded the games without the author's permission.

And to make it a true chain reaction, I set off the alarm with a PM right here (to the original author).

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:41:06 am by KungFuFurby »
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.

chaosoul

*Sigh* I'm actually surprised this hasn't happened before. I mean tons of people steal/slightly edit the kits and example games onto kongregate this was bound to happen eventually. We need some way to lock games somehow. Didn't Don't Croak have an all rights reserved license?
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Ethan

Someone stole one of my games! Epic and KFF, we've hit the big time baby!

KungFuFurby

Now my head's scratching... what's going on?

Ethan

On the surface it's bad that it was stolen but who'd steal a game not worth playing?

chaosoul

But it was already worth playing.XD anyways looks like the game and the others were taken off by either the user or kongregate.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

KungFuFurby

My guess is that it was done by Kongregate. I didn't contact them directly, but I did flag that game (and another one since that also had my own music).

Chrisis1993

Kinda confirms it:
Kongregate Announcement

Aug 22, 2011 10:42am
We’ve received the complaint you recently filed about musa19965 and after reviewing the situation we have acted accordingly. We apologize for any unpleasantness you experienced and encourage you to log any further issues you may have. Thank you, and happy gaming!

I just flagged the user, and added some links to the original uploads on stencyl to support it. Then I guess the flags and comments on the games including the name conflict with username musa..something and 'BY RHYS' credits in 'Tanks!' (and maybe on one of the other games too) helped a lot! I just thought reporting the user would be better since it was obvious they were all stolen.

By the way did he upload more than the first four games? (asteroids, goldmans adventure, a second leap of faith, tanks!)
▼IS AWESOME!!▼

Epic428

I don't believe so. But before I had an opportunity to flag the game (indecisive on best course of action) the games had already been taken down. I thank you greatly for having filed the complaint!
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Darkhog

When this (or rather "don't croak") will be finished?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Epic428

Probably going to be a little while. I hit some road blocks over the past couple months between a new job which takes up 11hrs out of my day for 4 days of the week and then I spent a good month or better moving.  I'm finally moved, but between OT at work and getting settled, I still don't have much time to continue working on the game or Stencyl related things. After this week though, things should pick up more.

The goal right now is to fix the game and get it back to a working state, which may require me to back track a bit. Ethan and I tried setting up a dropbox to host the files so that we can collaborate and make updating each others files easier, but that ended up causing unforeseen problems.

Once fixed, then we can get everything to a fully playable state (meaning 98% of levels), at which point, it's small modifications and tweaks, and additions before its final release.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs