Behavior help: Get powerup.

Rawr

Well, I know how to do the health and invincible for stage powerups, but that's about it.
I'm asking about other stuff, like things you collide with to enable actions, ex. double jump, get new weapon or such.

Anyone?

Hectate

The way it works is you give the player the ability in your behaviors, but don't enable it unless a game attribute is true. Then, just set it true when they get the powerup.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Rawr

Okay, I got that to work.

But how about weapons?

Hectate

Depends on the weapon selection. If it's all melee, you could just change the animation depending on the weapon and use attributes for the stats (damage amount, range, etc). When the player switches weapons, cange the attributes to match their new weapon.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Rawr

What if I want to use a different sprite for each weapon?

I currently use the weapon animation handler in the run and gun example.

Hectate

I've not used that kit/example but from what I know of it, that is exactly how it's designed to be used.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Rawr

Well it handles the graphics fine, but using it kinda means you enable every weapon at the start of the game. ::)

Hectate

Someone else will have to help you with the kit then, I'm not familiar with it, unfortunately.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.